Friends joking around with my TTC.

Lucky7s

with poppy seed..
Reaction score
I feel my period coming on.. my temps are still high, but I have cramps and a huge headache today, and I just got to work and I feel like crying. Good sign of PMS :( The reason why I'm so frustrated.. other then we've been trying for 13 cycles.... I just feel so fed up. My friends keep making plans for this Summer.. and they keep commenting about how I'll be pregnant for certain trips. I know they're trying to be nice, and I'm trying to be positive.. but it really pisses me off. My friend says.. we'll bring you "What to expect while expecting", to top it off she says after our trip she'll be TTC her #3. This was like a punch in my stomach.. I don't even have one, why can't I just have one? Great, not I'm all emotional at work. btw. I have What to expect.. and I've read it before.. when I had my chemical back in July. I'm just so over it all right now. sorry to rant.. I just have to get it out there.. even if no one responds...:(

a lot of people don't understand what not to say unless they have been through long term trying to conceive. They think they are being witty to say to me "Oh twins that was lucky you got it all out of the way at once". I think unless I want more..I would let it slide unless it becomes a topic that just won't die. PMS is the worst you are not alone.

I'm forever being shocked by what people think is 'ok' to say, no tact or diplomacy with some people. Take the higher ground and know that if they knew how it was affecting you they wouldn't be saying it. It will be your turn with any luck, just hang in there :hugs::hugs::flower:

Thanks Ladies.. I agree.. most people don't know what to say, and I know they're trying to be positive. Interestingly enough, my girlfriend who said the book comment wrote me seperately to apologize if she was being insensitive. Turns out she had a lot of issues TTC her second baby. So she had a lot of good things to say about tests and clomid, which is always nice to hear. It's funny the more people I open up to the more I find that a lot of my friends and other women have been through fertility issues. We're not alone.. thanks for the responses I needed that today! :)

Thanks for this post. I feel the same way sometimes about the things said to me. People truly don't understand how hurtful they can be unless they are going through it, just as I wasn't the most sensitive person about it before I encountered infertility. (I never made open comments about it but I was always thinking people were getting way too stressed out about it). Now, I have a whole new perspective. Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->