friendships... advice

shazney22

Reaction score
I have a friend who I text to arrange to meet up but when it comes to the day she always always cancels, for example I asked if she was coming over to mines today and she said no sorry can I come over tommorow or Monday but I said I had other plans as I am fed up getting let down.

I just seem to get used by friends these days and I dunno why :shrug:

She is one of my good friends but I just feel we are drifting away.
Any advice on this?

Maybe something genuinely came up? I would be obliged to rearrange if she had offered another day x

If it was every time i invited my friend they kept cancelling then me i wouldnt ask again and wait for them to ask me

i have a friend like this.. i gave up in the end :shrug:

I'd rearrange and see if she cancels again then? If it's every single time then I'd ask her why and say you'd rather she be honest than keep letting you down at the last minute.

Well this is the second time in past two months she has cancelled like 2 hours before meeting. I think I have gave her enough chances. Everyone just walks all over me and I have no idea why anymore. I don't want to say she can come over this day or that as she might cancel and that's me just wasted my time and energy for nothing when I could of been doing something more productive.

Well this is the second time in past two months she has cancelled like 2 hours before meeting. I think I have gave her enough chances. Everyone just walks all over me and I have no idea why anymore. I don't want to say she can come over this day or that as she might cancel and that's me just wasted my time and energy for nothing when I could of been doing something more productive.

Are these the only occasions you have tried to meet up in the past 2 months or have you met up inbetween this? I have a friend that goes through phases like this but I give her the benefit of the doubt. I also arrange to meet her in town on days i have to go do stuff anyway. Then if she lets me down i just get on with everything else i need to do.

I have a friend like this- I just decided she was a good enough person/friend to stay in touch with- but I never actually expect her to follow through. All her "reasons" seem ligit... but seriously, we can make plans and 1 out of maybe 15-20x's will she actually follow through! Once she even bailed the day before a 5K run we had planned together for MONTHS! She signed up, she planned on going, but her hubby had something come up and she couldn't make it. Granted, she has 3 kids- so it's not always easy, but even before she got married with kids she was a bit flakey- it's only gotten worse since.

TBH- I think many relationships grow and evolve into something else as people get married, have kids, get busy... etc... my only friend I regularly see anymore is my bestie. We've just always made the other a priority (no matter what else is going on). But she's also more like my sister. And she's moving in Nov to another state to be with her B/F- so I'm going to miss her a lot! Kinda get's me down a bit when I think how rare I see any of my other girlfriends- but, such is life I suppose...

If you value her friendship- then just know this is how she is. If not, then don't put the effort out and eventually it will fizzle- unless SHE puts the effort in. :hugs:

I too tend to the be "always there and willing to help friend"- just part of who I am. I'm reliable too- BUT- at the end of the day, if you don't want it to be this way. Then don't put up with it. As easy as that sounds- we get what we allow... I allowed friends in my past to take advantage and never said a word (my issue with confrontation)- so when I stopped doing that, and stood my ground- I did lose some friends over time. BUT- true friends will appreciate your growth and call you out if they have issues so you can work through it. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->