Frightened abnormal smear

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
I've just had a letter through saying abnormal cells and need to go in for another app at a hospital

To say I'm scared is an understatement, husband just went offshore. Packing to move in 2 weeks on my own, app when he's away, nobody to watch girls :cry:

Can't help much with the situation but just wanted to say that my last three smears have been abnormal. I was supposed to go for another, more in depth one but being pregnant put that on hold.

Most of the time, it can be connected to hormones, changes in cycles etc. It's rarely something more serious.

Best of luck.

I know it's nerve racking- I've been there myself, and had to have a biopsy to confirm it wasn't pre-cancerous... it wasn't-- I just had to go back for smears every 6mos for 2yrs to keep an eye on things-- and all normal since. My bestie just got her first abnormal- it was considered fairly abnormal after her biopsy- and they thought they would need to do a scrap to clean out the abnormal cells to avoid anything worse- but she was on the borderline (lower end) and the doc said to just come back in 6mos and see... USUALLY our bodies clear these things up on their own. Many women would actually get an abnormal smear given the right timing- but our bodies fight it off and thus they are usually normal. It's very common though hun- I know many woman who have been through this and ALL are just fine.

If anything- it's good to get checked (just in case) that way we have early detection and the doctors can intervene and keep it from getting worse... I know that doesn't ease your mind right now. I'm sorry. But try to remind yourself most likely all will be just fine... and try not to stress too much till you know more Ok. Big hugs!!!!

Thank you. This just couldn't have come at a worse time. Moving on my own with two toddlers, proper relocating while oh is n an oil rig but I've been trying to gy on with it, but this is now a black cloud

I've suffered with health anxiety but have had a grip of it.. I just feel tearful and keep looking at my two little girls, fearing the worst

Thanks for replies it really does help to get resurance

I know it's impossible but try not to stress. I had abnormal cells too, CIN1 however and had my colposcopy last month. It was all clear luckily and I just have to go back yearly for smears but I spent months panicking, very rarely does it actually equal worst case scenario.

Is there any days/times where you do have someone to watch the girls? I'm sure you can ring the hospital and try to reschedule. They tend to just offer the first available app, if you need to change it they're usually quite accommodating.

Thanks Hun, my mums coming up from England which she doesn't mind at all but it's a right hassle

X

Update

Bless my mum she's coming from England tomorrow ... Don't matter how old you are, you still need your mum :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->