From breast to bottle

sept2010

Mummy and expecting
Reaction score
What is the best bottle to use from breast to bottle? My lo is 5 months nearly and for health reasons im unfortunately going to consider putting her on formula.

Anyone had experience of this, what are the best bottles/teats to use for this stage considering shes been ebf so far?

Sadly, every baby is different and enjoys different teats. You may need to try a couple different ones to find out what they like. You should probably start with looking at your nipple and breast before and after feeding to see what shape they are and try to find a teat/bottle that is similar.

Most people like Avent or MAM or Tommee Tippee. If your baby has colic and reflux people will probably recommend trying MAM, Dr Brown or Born Free. For Combi feeding people will likely recommend Medela Calma, MAM, Nuk or Breastflow.

For Combi Feeding with my first I used Nuk and it was brilliant. I was intending on using the same with my second but she hates them so we are using MAM.

My LO refused bottles after about 3 months and I eventually gave up trying, but for pacifiers (dummys) he rejects all of them except MAM ones. I'm not sure if the bottles are similar though?

Both my boys were fine with closer to nature tommee tippee, I didn't have to try others (I introduced a bottle of expressed milk from 5 weeks though), and Ds2 uses MAM dummies. Just remember to start with a 1 sized teat for a while as she will be used to a slower flow even if it says size 2 or 3 for her age, you can gradually speed it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->