Fruit & Veg with skin

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
Has anyone tried their LO's on the above??

Tomato, plum, nectarine, peppers etc........I've read that the skins must be removed before mashing or pureeing.

Just wondered what everyone else had done. x

I saw someone with one of those things that you put the fruit in, and the baby can hold it and chew on it and only the juice comes thorugh?

We haven't tried any of those yet. But I was under the impression that the skins did need to be removed as well

I think if you put it in the food processor it'll be fine, but if you're just mashing it yourself it might have lumps in it due to the skin, which is maybe why they're saying to take the skin off. I wouldn't bother, I'm lazy and Alasdair is fine with lumps now.

I've just been peeling the skin off nectarines n plums n sticking lumps in rebecca's mouth. Or, I start the nectarine n then let her have a go at it. She's quite good at sucking/ chewing and holding it. She's good with little oranges too...likes to eat them like that (whole thing in her mouth and gets the fleshy bits off herself). I was really scared about trying her with lumos but I started with some batons of banana that she could hold herself n she just kept snapping them and dropping htem so now I pop bitesize bits of stuff in. She like a bit of bread n butter too and has started the chewing motions within days of starting her on lumps...she's better with single chewable lumps than mashed/ lumpy stuff that's mixed with purees cos I think the odd lump confuses her.

I was thinking about this when I went offline yesterday. Do they say to remove the skins because they're hard to digest? I don't know if pureeing in the blender would make that not an issue or not. Just thinking it might not be a lumps thing but a digesting thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->