Frustrated!! (HV rant)

pink.crazy

Mummy to 2 boys!
Reaction score
Urrrgh!! So I got Leo weighed today and he's exactly 15lbs!!! :thumbup: This keeps him on the 2nd centile for his corrected age which is much better than another drop, so, yay! :happydance:
HV is concerned about his eating though, she's advised me to stop the purees and lumpy jars, and go onto table food (chopped/cut into small pieces) she asked how well he picks food up and I said he has the grasp but no pincer grip so he wouldn't do so well with little bits.. he gets frustrated chasing things around the tray! So she asked how does he do when you push things into his mouth..... :dohh:
ANYWAY, she said have a yoghurt for back up but go with a BLW approach, I asked what about meat and she said she thought he'd struggle with some kinds but he should be ok with fish fingers and chicken burgers.............................
She said to go back in a week if it doesn't "work" or in 2 weeks if it does.
So what do you make of that???! I give up.

I Would have thought you would risk getting less food into him by taking a blw approach. C was only 5 weeks early but wouldn't have been ready for blw at that age.

Well tonight he had blended hotpot and fromage frais... I can't see where she's coming from but I thought maybe I was being unreasonable.
He has finger foods and although he has a good munch on them, most of it ends up in his catcher thing on his bib.
I really don't understand how she thinks that approach will help him.

I would ignore her! He is only just over 6 months corrected so I wouldn't expect him to have great finger food skills as it takes time. My lo certainly couldn't at that age. She can now though but unfortunately she is like my own wee hoover and picks up every tiny bit of dust she finds on the floor! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->