Frustrated? Me too.

krulci

Reaction score
As everyone keeps reminding me, my due date is still two weeks away, but I can't help feeling hopeless. I'm so much more stressed about this birth than I was with DS!

My parents are flying to the other side of the country, Saturday morning, and won't be back for a week and a half. Where I'm sitting at 4cm, 70% effaced, already lost my mucus plug, and am contracting more consistently every day, I'm thinking they won't be here for the birth. In which case, I have no idea who is going to take DS. He has a good deal of separation anxiety and won't go with many people. I have a few friends lined up to take him, if necessary, but ideally I'd deliver tonight or tomorrow.

Despite my best efforts to stay calm, I'm losing it... I've tried everything I know to induce labor naturally... Taking my frustrations out on stairs, tonight. Anyone else feeling the same?

Oh yes, i feel exactly the same. Though i don't have another child to deal with, so no stress there for me.
I live in NZ but from the UK. My family are flying over tomorrow. It takes 38 hours UK to Dubai to Sydney to NZ. I'm pretty sure I'm in the early stages of labour now... been having mild contractions and pains since last night. About an hour ago i thought my waters broke but no more fluid since then. I'm worried I'm gonna have her today or tomorrow while my family are travelling. It's stressing me out! I just wish i knew one way or the other if I'm actually in labour then i can get a plan together!!!

Oh yes, i feel exactly the same. Though i don't have another child to deal with, so no stress there for me.
I live in NZ but from the UK. My family are flying over tomorrow. It takes 38 hours UK to Dubai to Sydney to NZ. I'm pretty sure I'm in the early stages of labour now... been having mild contractions and pains since last night. About an hour ago i thought my waters broke but no more fluid since then. I'm worried I'm gonna have her today or tomorrow while my family are travelling. It's stressing me out! I just wish i knew one way or the other if I'm actually in labour then i can get a plan together!!!

Not to mention OH is driving me mad! I know he's just excited and probably frustrated too but he woke me so many times last night asking if the contractions were still happening and he has called and text loads today while he's at work. I feel like if i haven't had another contraction I'm letting him down. Uuugghhhhhhh!!!!

I'm right here with you, its actually kind of funny because the last I was checked I was 3cm 60% and -2 so I'm probably around 4cm now. This morning I thought my water broke and am extremely sad that it didn't, I definitely would of rather had a turkey baby instead of thanksgiving dinner:haha:
I'm bouncing on my exercise ball and eating pineapple as we speak.

I hope that babe stays put for a few more hours!! Are you wanting your family there in the delivery room? My in-laws are in Sydney and are always flying over to NZ for the beautiful scenery. Lucky you!

Not to mention OH is driving me mad! I know he's just excited and probably frustrated too but he woke me so many times last night asking if the contractions were still happening and he has called and text loads today while he's at work. I feel like if i haven't had another contraction I'm letting him down. Uuugghhhhhhh!!!!

SAME!! If I don't answer my phone when he calls or texts, he literally goes into full panic mode and has even rushed home from work! As much as I wish I was serving him up another babe right this moment, I'm not... It doesn't help, either, that I'm contracting like crazy and he starts to get so excited, only for it to pitter out and go no where.

I'm right here with you, its actually kind of funny because the last I was checked I was 3cm 60% and -2 so I'm probably around 4cm now. This morning I thought my water broke and am extremely sad that it didn't, I definitely would of rather had a turkey baby instead of thanksgiving dinner:haha:
I'm bouncing on my exercise ball and eating pineapple as we speak.
I'm headed home, now, to break out the yoga ball when I'm too tired of stairs. Now that you mention it, I'll probably throw pineapple into the mix, too! Lol, I hope we can both make our turkey babies yet!!

Abii - I just noticed how close our LOs are! Cute! How are you feeling about the age gap?

Oh I just noticed that too! I'm feeling pretty nervous but my daughter loves babies so I'm hoping she will cope well to the change. I think I'm more nervous about the leap going from 1 to 2, I'm going to have my work cut out for me haha. How are you feeling about it?
And I wish I had stairs to take my frustration out on, I may do some squats though. I tried nipple stimulation last night and that didn't do jack, not even 1 contraction:wacko:

Yup!
Fed up of people ringing daily now and asking if there are any signs and then saying "oh well you've got a week to still" when I say there aren't. If I still have a week to go why are you bothering me god damn it.
Oh keeps asking if she's in her way yet as he'd "like a break from work". Words fail me right now!

Yup!
Fed up of people ringing daily now and asking if there are any signs and then saying "oh well you've got a week to still" when I say there aren't. If I still have a week to go why are you bothering me god damn it.
Oh keeps asking if she's in her way yet as he'd "like a break from work". Words fail me right now!

A friend of mine sent me three messages on facebook yesterday saying "anything happening?!". It's lovely that she cares enough to keep asking but my god, it's making time go slower having to saying "nope nothing yet" every time!
It's 4am here and I can't sleep, I just got up to go in the living room and OH woke up and said "why are you getting up? What's happening?".... A completely reasonable question but I was just like "NO, I JUST CANT SLEEP!!!!!" Ha I feel quite bad for him!

I feel the same. I'm only just 37weeks but I'm ready to have this baby. I'm getting so many niggles its doing my head in

Lots and lots of pinneaple ladies. friend of mine set her labour off that way :) make sure to eat some core too xx

Yup!

I seriously could of written this. My husband asks all the time "your still not in labor yet babe" like, uh does it look like I'm in labor? no lol and of course everyone else is asking if I've had her yet. Yesterday was thanksgiving here and I was telling mil that I thought my water broke in the morning and was sad that it didn't and she says "its okay you still have 2 weeks left" I was like yeah thanks for reminding me:wacko:
My best friends birthday is on the 1st so she is making sure the pressure is on too lol:dohh:

Anyone have guidelines on nipple stimulation? Every site I look at gives wildly different lengths of time and practice. My midwife said to go ahead and try, but I forgot to ask about specifics... So far I'm doing 5 minutes on each breast, once an hour. I contract every 2 mins or so while it's going, but not much after... Should I try more? I'm tempted to ask to borrow someone's newborn!! :haha:

Yup!

DH keeps bringing work home, like he's not going back in the next day. The thought is sweet, but the more prepared he gets, the more anxious I get! Better yet, he casually mentioned that I probably won't go into active labor for another two weeks, so I should stop stressing. Gee thanks, babe! :growlmad: Nothing is the right thing to say, anymore. Lol

Oh I just noticed that too! I'm feeling pretty nervous but my daughter loves babies so I'm hoping she will cope well to the change. I think I'm more nervous about the leap going from 1 to 2, I'm going to have my work cut out for me haha. How are you feeling about it?
And I wish I had stairs to take my frustration out on, I may do some squats though. I tried nipple stimulation last night and that didn't do jack, not even 1 contraction:wacko:

Pretty well the same! DS loves babies and is already teasing his sister, I just hope the novelty doesn't wear off too quickly... If I tear as much as I did the first time, I have no idea how I'm going to manage!!

Babe2ooo - I'm 37.5 weeks... I keep telling myself it's fine to be so frustrated. Technically we're full term! :dohh::happydance:

Sooo frustrated now...40+2 and am soooo ready for this baby to arrive. Grrrrr! My mw keeps recommending nipple stimulation but i can't do it because it just tickles and makes me laugh! :rofl:
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->