frustrated with hurting nipples.

pcsoph2890

Reaction score
I had my daughter on the 5th Feb and since then been up and down with bf.

I got such sore nipples, I have a bf support worker who has confirmed that I am latched on right and how to get more aerola in her mouth.
So after a bit of a cry with the mw she told me to express for 24hrs and give my body a rest and time for my nipples to heal, as they were very scabby.
I was constantly using lanishol (?) Cream, and at one point even my pjs hurt brushing on my nipples.

So the 24hrs is up and I have really looked forward to feeding her again, but after a few feeds my nipples are back to hurting again.

Just so frustrated as I just want to enjoy feeding her without the pain. There is a bf club where I live that I want to get to next week for added support as I am determined to e exclusively bf her as so much easier than gagging round with bottles (except if I express)

Just feeling a bit aarrgghhh today that I feel.like I'm back to day one again.

I know after two weeks it does get better, but I wish my nipples would just do what they are supposed to do.
If not Will be back on the phone come Monday to see the support worker again and see what they can do to help!!!

I found you needed to nurse through the sore nipples otherwise the break then restarting just hurt again. Lansinoh before, during and after feeds every single time. wear breast pads in a bra to stop chafing. If your latch is good then I think it is a case of toughening up your nipples. You could try nipple shields. though you do risk your latch using those this early.

If everything is normal then it's just a perseverance test.

Just had to feed through any pain and soon your nipples will toughen up.

Hey hun, I had my lo the 4th of February and have been experiencing very sore nipples as well. It makes nursing very tough! But they're already getting better and it will for you too. We just have to persevere. It will get better and eventually stop hurting!

I will say though - It gets better! I think my nips were sore on and off the first 3 weeks or so then suddenly it no longer knacked.

Keep up the good work mama, you'll get there!
I had to give it a 24hr break right at the beginning but it didn't really help the soreness, I just had to nurse through it until the pain eased x

The ladies..... gonna try to battle thru but honestly the pain was intense before i stopped. Now they are beginning to hurt again. I'm dreading feeling the dread knowing she is hungry and it hurt s so much. I so want it to be an enjoyable experience - but it can't with the pain!!!!
I'm applying lanisoh creams liberally. I just don't know what I can do to stop the pain or my nips hurting????

It so frustrating!

I tried Savoy cabbage leaves which had some positive effect. Hot shower but cover your nips if it's a power shower, just apply loads and loads of cream, express a few ml and rub this on them.

I dreaded each feed too but by day 7-14 it was painless. Just keep going Mumma!!

How did you manage thru the pain tho??? I just find it all painful. I really want to get to enjoying it - but fear the dread of fearing the next feed as I did last time?

If using a shower let it hit your back/shoulders and roll down your boobs not hit them direct!

At the worst tho even a slight brush against then with a light material top hurt like mad....

Aarrggghhh it's so frustrating I just want to enjoy this time but stressing about it....

My mantra will be I will beat the pain I am stronger than it!!!! (But bloody he'll it hurts!!)

I read that nipple shells (not shields - shells) can be helpful. You wear them in your bra to cushion your nipples against fabric rubbing. I haven't tried them myself though.

I found this time that feeding through the pain and applying lots of cream regularly toughened up the nipples after a few days. I'm 2 weeks pp now and enjoying feeding whereas at 4 days pp I was literally crying out with pain during feeds.

With my first baby however the pain never eased up and the pain between feeds continued to worsen - it was because we had thrush. If the pain isn't improving then look into this - typical symptoms are red shiny nipples and white patches in baby's mouth but symptoms can present in slightly different ways. If you have thrush it must be treated medically.

Good luck.

Have u tried these? https://m.boots.com/mt/www.boots.com/en/Multi-Mam-Instant-Relief-Compress-1-x-12-Pack_121154/

Well bit of an update.... they aren't "as sore" today.... I find the later on in the day the more tender they get. But not toe curling pain as per before. Hopefully I have either got the latch good or my nips have decided to toughen up....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->