Frustrated!

Momto3boysTTC

Reaction score
I'm brand new at all of this (I've never done a chat forum) so forgive me if I do anything wrong. I'm looking for some advice. My husband & I recently started TTC our 4th & last child. My cycles are all over the place ever since having baby #3 (in January) so I decided to try an OPK. I had no idea when to start testing (since my cycles are all over), so I figured I would just test daily for however long, until I detected an LH surge. Well, the first day I tested for the LH surge, I got a very strong positive (last week Tuesday, Aug. 19th). Hubby & I did the baby dance that night & 2 nights later & I kept using the OPK tests just to see & the LH test line started to decrease in intensity the very next day & by 2 days later, it was weaker than the control line. So today, I was at my doctor & mentioned this & she decided to run a quantitative HCG & it was less than 1. It hasn't even been a week since the LH surge was first detected, so I wouldn't even be 1 week into pregnancy. IF I were to be pregnant, would it still be too early for a blood test to detect HCG? I know I need to just be patient, but it's so hard! Thanks in advance for any/all help! :)

i was under the impression that implantation happened somewhere between 7-10 past ovulation, so if you ovulated 2 days after your first positive, it might still be too early? but i've seen people get positive home pregnancy tests at 8 days and blood tests are supposed to be even more sensitive, so it's always possible i guess?

i realize you posted this several days ago, so maybe you already got your results? hoping you got some answers and hopefully the one you wanted!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->