frustrated..

ZombieQueen

Preggers!
Reaction score
I've wanted a natural water birth since well before I got pregnant, but I've always wanted it at a center that does water births.. something about being in my own home doesn't ease my mind, it stresses me out. I'm living in Oregon, but am moving back to Hawaii before my baby comes. Here in Oregon they have the most amazing and perfect water birthing center, it has beautiful suites and the midwives are all there, its just wonderful. But there's nothing like that on the island I'm moving to, there's only one midwife group I can find and they only do home water births. I want to cry, I don't want to be in a.hospital having drugs pushed on me, I don't feel comfortable being in my own home... I'm just so frustrated.. either way I feel like I have to go against my gut feeling and I know its a great distance from now, but its so important to me.. I guess I just needed a rant..

I have a similar dilemma... my only option for a water birth is a home birth, but we live 30-45 minutes from the hospital... that long of a drive could make the difference between life and death in certain emergency situations. So, I'm looking into a midwife delivery at the hospital, with a doula... they have hydrotherapy tubs at the hospital and will let me labor in one, just not deliver. It's not ideal, but I will feel MUCH better knowing that if something goes wrong, there is a complete medical team on hand to come to my immediate aid.

I don't suppose it would be possible to delay your move until after the baby comes? (or come back a month or so before your EDD somehow?)

My house in hawaii is an hour from the hospital :(

And I don't want to have the baby here and have to take my poor LO on a 8-10 hour trip through an airport to Hawaii. Plus I would have nothing for baby since everything will be in Hawaii, and i cant fly immediately after baby is born, it'll be quite a bill to stay in a hotel for a few weeks. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->