FTM need help/advice with slings and wraps

Doodlebug88

Reaction score
I really want to start baby wearing my lo who is 10 weeks already. He is a big boy and weighs 14lb 7oz.

I am going to my local sling library Thursday but would like to know a bit before getting there. Through a bit of research I like the look of the moby and ring sling. Are these god for big very active babies?

Also I've joined a local Facebook group for buying/selling wraps and do not understand any of the abbreviations etc if anyone can give me some pointers or link to a site. Thanks :)

The moby is a stretchy wrap and they tend to sag around 15 pounds and become uncomfortable. I ditched the stretchy for woven wraps right around then. Wovens are better because they can take you from squish to toddler.

I know people who use ring slings for big kids but I don't like them for my 20lb baby. I will use it for quick ups and downs but for long periods of time my wrap or mei tai is preferable.

What abbreviations? There are many out there but I can't think of them off of the top of my head. Aside from things like RS (ring sling) and WCMT (woven conversion mei tai) SSS (stash shot Saturday) SSC (soft structured carrier).

Some other great groups on Facebook would be Babywearing 102, Babywewring Love and Support and Everyday Babywearing.

Ask anything here too and I will help as best as I can!

https://www.granolababies.com/pages/parents-guide-to-baby-carrierss

Have a look at RuckingMarvellous.com for great sling info and abbreviations. Babywearing FSOT on Facebook is good for advice and also buying and selling of slings xx

I have a big baby and was able to use my stretchy (ByKay) wrap for a long time, but also would agree with others that a woven wrap is probably the best plan.

I also use a Connecta which I love.

My son was 17lbs at his four month appointment so he's maybe 20lbs by now and I love my Maya Wrap RS. It's quick, leaves you hands free and the Maya has a padded shoulder so it's really comfy. We always use it when we're out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->