FTM... What is/are your biggest fear(s) about labor/delivery?

mod19

Reaction score
I'm afraid I'll be one of those that goes in 8 times for them to send me home 7 of them with false labor. I hate wasting people's time!

mine is just being sick during labor. i really dont want to be. i also hope that our baby girl is born healthy and happy.

My biggest fear is having to undergo an emergency c-section. I have made it 30 years without any kind of surgery and I would like to keep it that way for as long as possible. Having said that I won't resist if it is what is best for my son's well being.

Besides the obvious truly disastrous stuff (something wrong with the baby, etc), I think I'm just scared I won't be able to do it. I have an idea of how I want it to go, and I'm doing what I can to make that happen, but I'm also very aware that this isn't really something you can plan. I'm worried I won't have the strength I need to get though the birth I want, and I'll end up having to have a c-section or allll the drugs.

I'm worried I'm not fit enough and will pass out from the pain or faint. I'm worried that the pain will be too much for me, I'm scared of the epidural needle that I'll no doubt need. I'm scared of the (small) possibility of a c-section. I have enough scars down there from laparoscopies.

There's so much, so many points I'm terrified of! Worst is the hormonal ricochet after baby is out. I don't want to be a depressed mummy, but considering I have clinical depression and Generalised Anxiety Disorder, chances are strong I might have PPD.

I'm scared of him being too big and getting stuck which needs forceps/that other thing which helps them out (baby brain!). I'd rather have a c section than have forceps used.

I am most scared about forceps or something along those lines having to be used. And the epidural I am not good with needles

I wasn't nervous about labor until recently. Well early on I was like how am I going to do this but with 7 months left I decided not to think about it. With 7 weeks left... I'm just a bit nervous about everything. Pain. Large needle. Not doing something right. It is just my husband and I in there and I keep telling him not to pass out so I'm not alone lol

With my first labor right around the corner I'm nervous about tearing down there, possibly needing a c-section, getting sick/nauseous, and honestly peeing or pooing during labor! :blush:

I remember my biggest fear was worrying that i wouldn't know how to push, or that i would think i'd be pushing but really i wouldn't be doing anything and end up pushing for hours and hours, because i'd be numb from the epidural.

My other fears included induction and c-section

I don't want to poop during labor, lol. But I have heard that for the most part its inevitable. I am also scared of an emergency c-section - these days so many ladies seem to be getting them!

I have watched a lot of birthing videos...and I mean a lot! The one thing I noticed was once the babies head was out, the doctor would pull hard on it to get the rest of the body out...and this must be normal as it happened in almost all videos. I don't want them to pull on babies head and that is what I am most scared of. Pain is a close second.

Other than the obvious ones.......I'm scared that babies shoulders are gonna get stuck........im scared that there won't be a water birthing pool avaliable (there are only 2 avaliable at my birthing suite) ........my labour happened that fast last time (first birth) that I'm scared im not gonna make it in time.........and last time I had a 2nd degree tear (which didn't hurt, but the thing that did hurt were the stitches being put in, it took nearly 2 hours and I felt the last 10 being out in, I'm DEFINATLY gonna ask for more numbing down there if it happens again...........and also when ds was born he came out that fast he was a bit stunned and didn't breathe straight away, he had to go in the table with the oxygen, within 10 mins he was fine but was so scary, I'm scared the same is going to happen to little bean ❤️Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->