Ftm what to pack?!

StarAngel

Reaction score
What are the essentials and must haves that need to be packed for hospital for both baby and me?

I stayed 7 days so i may be dif

You - pads lots
Pants lots
Comfy trousers
Wet wipes - i only had a graze vut found toilet roll a bitch

Baby
Clothes - again more than you think
Nappies - a pack. Tiny nappy packs arent hhuge anyways

In addition to tanikins list

You
Hair bobbles
Loose change
Phone/charger
Drinks and snacks
Breast pads
Nursing bra
Dressing gown
Lots of Knicks
Pjs
Bath towel and toiletries
Bag for dirty clothes

Baby
A few sleep suits
Vests
Nappies, cotton wool
Dummy?
Bobs/muslin
Hat
Scratch mitts
Blanket

Lip balm or Vaseline - gas and air made my lips really dry and I used loads.

I needed to know this too..although im not a ftm, my first birth was in South Africa! Things are quite different there :)

I don't think I have anything to add these ladies covered everything in my bags :)

Agree with the above but also maybe

Socks (cosy)- I found I had really cold feet!
Slippers-ward floors are cold and hard
Dark big towels- thr hospital ones were tiny and white...not quite what I wanted.
Nightie- I had a c sec so didn't want pj bottoms on so a nightie was great for feeding too.
Camera!
Favourite snacks/treats- keep your energy up and enjoy a treat, don't rely on hospital food or shops!

Bikini/ tankini top for use in bath/ birthing pool... helps you to maintain a bit of dignity!

A 'just in case' bag for at home in case you are in longer than you expected and need some extra things...

I ended up staying in longer than I thought.. sent my hubby home for clean clothes and a clean bra and he returned with a pre pregnancy size black lacy strapless bra! Lol

Pinterest has great lists for hospital bag packing.

I wouldn't worry about socks, pads, diapers or lotions unless you're going to a midwifery center where they don't provide those things.

I work on the OB floor in my hospital and all that stuff is provided. The only thing I highly suggest is your favorite pillow and or an extra comfy blanket.
Other than that your washing/shower essentials, change of clothes for you, baby and OH, plus snacks.

In the uk they don't provide anything except towels and bedding for you and baby, in general. My hospital also provides formula if not breast feeding.
You need clothes for you and baby for after they,re here. I echo maternity pads and knickers, lots of both.
For labour: snacks, lucozade, water and food for dad. A lot of hospital cafés aren't open on weekends. Hair bands, flannel, water spray bottle, lip balm. I bought a garden kneeler too because I have poor knees and the floors are hard. If your hospital allow it a comfy nighty of your own.
Other stuff: camera, mobile phone and charger, a pen, I also bought a puzzle book as I was induced, iPod or equivalent.

I would call the place you plan on delivering and ask what they provide for baby. My hospital provided pads, mesh underwear, tucks pads, diapers for baby, clothes for baby, receiving blankets, wipes, bathing stuff for baby, the only thing I actually needed were his coming home outfit/special outfits for when family visited and showering essentials for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->