full moon and the 5 day theory

mummydeb

Reaction score
i read this on another forum wonder if its true

'other cultures consider it fact that women will give birth within 5 days of the 9th full moon since conception'.

if it is next full moon is the 10th december and im due 19th so 15th sounds about right i think little one will come on the 17th though.

last full moon was the 10th nov so was there a lot of woman giving birth on the 15th?

but iv actually had 9 full moons since i concieved so really going by this im late lmao

hmm just googled the full moon dates and this theory lands me exactly on my due date - 12 Feb so we shall see!

This looks neat. Will update when I deliver...have to find out when mine will be...is there a link?

Just looked it up, that puts me between December 10-15...due date December 24th.

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/

This is interesting!!
My 9 Lunar Cycles + 5days lands me at Feb 13 ... that's two days before my EDD, so let's see. Fingers crossed!

Hm..i dont know..gives me a date 2 weeks before my EDD. Mind you, by that time i might be well and truly happy to go anyway, lol! :haha:

interesting so do i count the month that i consieved 1? Because the full moon would have been in the beginning of the month but i concieved at the end? If i dont count that one then the would put me in labor almost 3 weeks late lol

I'm confused I'm due on saturday so haven't I missed the full moon for this month and I'll be induced before the next full moon so I'm confused.com!!

well the full moon is only 3days before my edd, and funnily enough both my boys came exactly 3 days early so i have all faith in the 10th lol, i do fully believe in the full moon and labouring women

Mine would have been nov.15th... Still very pregnant over here so i guess not true for me! Lol

it said on another baby forum that you count the first full moon after the date of conception the theory worked for some but not all.
its roughly 5 days after the full moon most likely another old wives tale lol going by the forum (cant remember site or how i came across it) most woman gave birth within the 9 days but for some it wasnt true, i suppose you could only really work it of if you new the exact date you concieved i cant remember rough guessing i should of given birth 5 days ago or the 15th dec :haha:

well if it works for me then i will be giving birth about 3 weeks early that would be nice but also just before christmas which im so not prepared for lol x

Well it hasn't worked for me, it suggests I should have had my baby by the 15th Nov.

that would make me due a month late :/ as i concieved 3 days after the may full moon and make me due around March 13th, so i just took it to full moon month before which is feb 12th, 2 days after due date

Surely this theory will never work or babies would only be born on the days surrounding a full moon and never in between?

I agree with amandad123. It's just coincidence if baby is born on or close to the full moon. I'm still pregnant and baby will be induced before the next full moon. So personally, I think it's rubbish! Lol!

Nope not worked for me i should have concived just prior to the full in March so would have been the NOV Full moon that was number 9 for me and baby hasnt popped out yet and i really dont want to wait till the 15th-19th of December, no thanks

Surely this theory will never work or babies would only be born on the days surrounding a full moon and never in between?

Agreed... My first two children were born NOWHERE near a full moon and the maternity ward was packed to nearly overflowing each time. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->