Fuming! Just realised I've eaten something with unpasteurised milk

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by palange, Jun 6, 2011.

1. palange

palange Well-Known Member

After 37 wks of watching what I eat I've just realised I had parmesan cheese yesterday which is made with unpasteurised milk. I'm absolutely fuming because I'm now going to worry if I'm going to become infected with listeriosis.

Just wondering if anyone else has made this mistake and all was okay. I'm probably being irrational but as usual I'm worrying :wacko:

2. Piper84

Piper84 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I was told all hard cheeses were OK - it's the soft ones with rind you have to watch out for. Don't worry about it, you should be fine!

3. leahsbabybump

leahsbabybump Mummy to 3

dont worry yourself i very much doubt you will get it people eat stuff on the dont eat list all the time hun there was a similar thread the other day and you would be supprised what people actually eat and were all ok i eat deli meet sandwiches all the time some people still eat runny eggs and quite a lot of people eat soft cheeses ill see if i can find the thread for you to have a read may put your mind at rest xx

4. ClaireMuir123

ClaireMuir123 Mummy to Jayden and Ava

I'd probably say you're being irrational :haha: don't worry about it, a bit of cheese is NOT going to affect your baby, especially at 37 weeks xxx

5. tiggerpony

tiggerpony Well-Known Member

I didnt know you wernt allowed to eat runny egg yokes on fried eggs and for the first 20 weeks of my pregnancy I had runny fried eggs every 4 or 5 days... I am now 32 weeks and I havn't been ill other than the usual morning sickness and urine infectons!

6. Shmeh

Shmeh Well-Known Member

I eat feta cheese, fried eggs, deli meats, etc. Third pregnancy, never had a problem. I think the only time you should be concerned is if you actually become ill from eating these foods. Then, just call your OB for antibiotics to clear up the infection.

7. Lyric_grace

Lyric_grace Well-Known Member

Try not to worry, I'm sure you'll be just fine. I eat fresh parmesan all the time, also I eat other soft cheeses, have the odd glass of red wine, eat nuts and do most things that they say not too (although I defiantly don't smoke!) I really think it will be ok.

8. MrsKTB

MrsKTB Mummy to Henry

The chances of you getting sick are slim to none! Dont worry!! Ive eaten lots of parmasan...I didnt realise that was a no no?!

9. oaklvr

oaklvr Well-Known Member

People swear by unpasteurized milk. It gets a bad rep, but I think you'll be okay.

10. magicbubble

magicbubble Well-Known Member

im sure you will be fine. you will know by tomorrow if you arent at least. try not to worry about it. its only you it will harm anyway (and unlikely to be in a serious way) - unlikely to affect baby. :) x

11. humblebum

humblebum Mummy to 2 boys

I'm sure all will be fine, especially at this point in the pregnancy. All hard cheeses are ok as far as I know. xx