FUMING!!! sports direct!!!

Wriggley

Reaction score
OMG fuming is an understatement!!

went in as OH needed new shoes. He wrecks his shoes really quickily so he only likes to buy cheap ones so it was a case of going in and finding the cheapest that also didnt look weird! :haha:

anyways we find a pair reduced down to £13 :thumbup: now i know for a FACT that there were at least 3 pairs priced up at £13 as OH varies in size a lot nd tried a few pairs on. i know that shop have a force of habit of having them priced up all different so we checked the price sticker of each pair he tried on and all were £13!

so we take a pair to pay for and they came up at £18. the woman was like oh il get someone to sort this for you. so she called this other woman over to sort it out. Now i wish i had of gone with the woman and physically shown her instead of pointing her in the direction.

she came back and told me that none of the others were priced at £13 they were priced at £18! and then tried to accuse me of putting the £13 sticker on the box. :shock:

i refused to buy them and as we left we went to look at the other boxes and sure enough she had pealed all the £13 stickers off the boxes!

I turned round and saw her hiding down an isle watching us!

im absolutely fuming!!! They should have honored the price seeing as at least 3 boxes were priced at £13. if they wernt going to honor that they could have at least said that rather then lie, peal the stickers off and try and blame the customer!!!!

Thats really bad customer service! I can't see why she couldnt have just been honest. It's not like she personally owns the shop. xxx

Thats really bad customer service! I can't see why she couldnt have just been honest. It's not like she personally owns the shop. xxx

exactly! and i know its only a few quid more but its not the point its the fact she did it that pissed me off!

I would have done the same as you as that would have wound me up. xxx :hugs:

Are sports direct a part of jjb? I thought they were closing down. That is seriously bad customer service, maybe she gets a sales based bonus. But still.

Sports Direct have just bought up the JJB stores and stock.

Legally they don't have to sell it for what it's labelled up at, but I agree it's really bad customer service! Most places honour a mistake of mis-labelling.

I used to work there when it was Sports Soccer and I always used to manually change the prices of things that were marked up differently. Quite often things were in the sale but hadn't gone through the system.

To be honest I would have done the same as you and not bought them out of principal.

xx

Ooh that is so bad, and over £5 too! I'm guessing she priced them up maybe and put the wrong prices on? But if so she should admit her mistake- everybody makes mistakes! I'm complain!

I hate Sports Direct. I was looking for a new pair of trainers to wear every day, and asked for help finding a pair with very good arch support (I have very high arches and it causes me problems). I spent the best part of £100 on a pair of asics trainers which fit nicely and the women assured me that they were fine for "everyday wear" despite them being in the "all terrain running" section.

Well these shoes were fine until that afternoon, it rained. And at that point, my world became an ice rink. Walking on paving slabs was slippery, if I went into a shop it was 10 times worse. Even just a smooth piece of tarmac was slidey with these shoes on, they had no grip at all. I was 20+ weeks pregnant with a displaced sacro-iliac joint and SPD - a fall was *not* something I wanted to consider.

I took them back to the shop, and the lad on the tills initially said "Oh we don't offer refunds". I told him that under the Sale of Goods Act, these trainers were NOT fit for purpose, I had been mis-sold, and yes, he did have to give me a refund as frankly I didn't trust the store not to sell me something equally useless. He got his manager who was the rudest, most ignorant a-hole I've encountered in retail. He actually took the shoes and kinda tried to slide them along the counter to see if they gripped, right in front of me! I did eventually get the refund, but I was so closed to losing my temper with him it was unreal.

So I won't buy anything from their shop anymore. Sounds like I need to avoid JJB as well. Sucks, as I'm actually looking for new trainers again :dohh:

Sorry, that was a bit ranty, but day-um, I hate Sports Direct :haha:

I would definatly complain! They will be able to check cctv :)

I hate Sports Direct. I was looking for a new pair of trainers to wear every day, and asked for help finding a pair with very good arch support (I have very high arches and it causes me problems). I spent the best part of £100 on a pair of asics trainers which fit nicely and the women assured me that they were fine for "everyday wear" despite them being in the "all terrain running" section.

Well these shoes were fine until that afternoon, it rained. And at that point, my world became an ice rink. Walking on paving slabs was slippery, if I went into a shop it was 10 times worse. Even just a smooth piece of tarmac was slidey with these shoes on, they had no grip at all. I was 20+ weeks pregnant with a displaced sacro-iliac joint and SPD - a fall was *not* something I wanted to consider.

I took them back to the shop, and the lad on the tills initially said "Oh we don't offer refunds". I told him that under the Sale of Goods Act, these trainers were NOT fit for purpose, I had been mis-sold, and yes, he did have to give me a refund as frankly I didn't trust the store not to sell me something equally useless. He got his manager who was the rudest, most ignorant a-hole I've encountered in retail. He actually took the shoes and kinda tried to slide them along the counter to see if they gripped, right in front of me! I did eventually get the refund, but I was so closed to losing my temper with him it was unreal.

So I won't buy anything from their shop anymore. Sounds like I need to avoid JJB as well. Sucks, as I'm actually looking for new trainers again :dohh:

Sorry, that was a bit ranty, but day-um, I hate Sports Direct :haha:

Holy shit!!,I honestly think I would of rammed the trainers pointy part first up his arse!!

Wow, that is really bad customer service. Can't believe she went to the effort of peeling all the £13 stickers off instead of just telling the truth! You should complain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->