Fuming

T

tiggercats

I rang my local council today to ask if they have any cloth nappy incentives. The short answer is no :cry: but what made me fuming is the fact they used to (the county council) but stopped it because according to them the environmental impact of the extra washing (electric and washing powder were mentioned) was no different to the landfill issues of disposables.

Blooming short sighted idiots :growlmad:

thats been shown to be not even true now hasnt it ?

That is ridiculous :grr:

I am phoning our council tomorrow to see if they do and if they say they don't, I am going to get into an interesting debate as they go on and on and on about recycling, reducing waste, only collect our rubbish once a fortnight etc and have 2 massive landfills in the next town which they are always whining about...

xxx

:dohh:

I'm sure I've read that the study that found that was taking into account always tumble drying and then ironing nappies :dohh: xx

That is ridiculous :grr:

I am phoning our council tomorrow to see if they do and if they say they don't, I am going to get into an interesting debate as they go on and on and on about recycling, reducing waste, only collect our rubbish once a fortnight etc and have 2 massive landfills in the next town which they are always whining about...

xxx

I managed to print a form for mine off the council website :)

I just went on our council site and searched "nappy scheme" xx

Our council know its a good idea as they encourage people to - but no incentive, they did once a while back to the first few people and then nothing ever again

Let me know how far you get Pops - I've searched high and low online and haven't found anything positive for waverly.

there is a link in my siggy with a percentage listed if its any help to anyone :flower:

Maybe it would be worth writing a letter to the council with a load of research/statistics/facts to show them that it does make a difference?

x

i think a few residents have started petitions to their councils too, there is a free petition website you could set one up on, the name of which i can't remember right now sorry but i'm sure a google search would bring it up. Whether it would help or not i'm not sure but if you feel that passionate about it it could be worth a shot :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->