Fundal height at 33 @ 28 weeks!!

tashalouiseb

Reaction score
I am worried as I went for my 28 week midwife app & my fundal height is 33 !! :O my midwife didn't seem bothered , she didn't even mention this to me. I noticed in my notes after my appointment!! This was my first fundal height measurement. Is this anything to worry about?? Has anyone else experienced this ?? If so what was the outcome?? Very worried FTM :( oh just to add everything was fine up until now.. My 20 and 25 weeks scans were fine and baby was measuring perfect for dates. I'm overweight and have a bmi or 31, could this affect fundal height?? HELP!! Thanks in advance ladies x

Probably nothing to worry about but don't be afraid to make a fuss at next appointment if still measuring big x

I hope not!! But can't help but worry!! :( I have a growth scan scheduled for 24th(30 weeks) so will find out more then I guess!! X

I'd imagine there's nothing to worry about hun, sure your midwife would have mentioned it if there was. Good you've got the growth scan to reassure you x

@ 25 weeks I measured 30weeks
@28 weeks I measured 31weeks
@31 weeks I measured 32 weeks
@34 weeks I measured 32 weeks
So It evens itself out, I've had PROM, so I'm not measuring good now.
I'm 35 weeks and still measure 32, but I had a growth scan last week and baby's measurements are spot on.
Fundal height is just a guideline, as long as you follow a growth curve its fine. Mine dipped off the curve which is why I got sent for a Growth scan.

Hey hun.. im currently in the waitin room.to get my growth scan for measuring over... mw said that when your measuring over they dont mind very much its only when thrres a spike in the graph they ask questions. And since this is your first one they wouldnt be worried yet... also she said over they dont worry too much just under they worry a little

Thanks ladies!! Feel a little better. I want a bub-let me know how your scan goes :) hope it goes well x

Thanks hun... bubs was fine... I measured 36 weeks today and bubs measured bang on 32.4 (well one day small lol) so mw said I must just be carrying that way :)

Hope all goes well for u. Im sure it will :)

Oh good to hear :) yea I'm sure ile be fine!! Can't wait for my scan! X

I went to triage today, Everything fine, my little man has just changed positions! Also took my fundal measurement again and it was 28.5cm so better than 33cm!! lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->