Fundal Height

suffolksazzle

Reaction score
Hey ladies, hope your all well.

Just a curious Thursday question, at my 28w MW appointment yesterdasy she measured my fundal height at 26.5cm. Is this normal? I cant find an accurate range chart.

What did you measure at 28w, or any number of weeks for that matter!

:) x

Your week count in centimeters and plus or minus three is considered okay :)

At 28 weeks I was 28cm but now at 34 weeks I'm 32cm

At 28 weeks I was measuring 30. But now at 33 weeks I'm
Measuring 33 so I did slow down abit but that could be because baby is very low down and almost engaged.

Hey Hun! Nice to see you on here!! I've been 2cm behind the whole time so at 28 I was 26, now at 36 I'm 34cm. It's more to do with the line increasing at a good rate :)

MrsF! Hello sweetie, how are you?
See, my MW didnt explain any of that to me, she just said 'yup, 26.5cm, ok'. Lol, ya cheers!

At my 32 week midwife appointment I was measuring at 35 weeks, will find out again tomorrow. My midwife told me it can be a number of reasons to why you measure big or small. One being that it's really not that accurate they just want to check more than anything that the line is progressing more or less as it should be. Also baby's position plays a big part in the measurements. They don't worry unless there is a very big difference in the measurement compared to the weeks. x

At 24 weeks I was 26.5, got my 28 week appointment at 29 weeks :)

I was measuring 29 at 27+6

At my 31 week check (31+4) I measured 31, but at my last check (34+4) I only measured 32 - but baby was nice and curled up low down at tha appointment.

Position of baby has a lot to play in fundal measurements, and they are not always accurate (more so if you see a different midwife each time as they will all measure you slightly differently!)

But the general rule is a cm to each week of pregnancy (+\- 2/3 cm is generally acceptable)

x

At my 32 week appt I was measuring 35. I go tomorrow for. My 34 week appt and if I'm still measuring 3 weeks ahead they will do another ultrasound to estimate baby's weight and check fluid levels etc.

Like the other posters have said though its really just a guide for them to see some growth progress and many factors affect the measurements

From what I've read it's a very rudimentary way to check for growth - the size of your uterus doesn't really indicate the size of your baby. All it gives is a general guide, and if you're more than 2/3cm off they'll do an ultrasound to check what babies size actually is. But even if you get referred for an ultrasound it's really unlikely that there's actually a problem as fundal height is a pretty useless guide!

So far mine have all been spot on - 25cm at 25 weeks, 28cm at 28 weeks and 31cm at 31 weeks.

fundal heigh is a rubbish way to measure IMO, each person does it different.

I have measured 2-3 a head since 16 weeks, then at 31 weeks I measured 3 weeks behind because of the way the doctor measured. I have another appointment tomorrow to be re measured by a MW as it has worried me.

I was 30 at 28 weeks :)
it doesn't really make a difference at first I don't think, as long as you follow a 'line' and you're growing at a steady rate I think its ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->