Fundal measurement same 2 week apart

A1983

Reaction score
Anyone else had this? Mw says she felt him and believes he was lying in a c shape this week (so maybe transverse from my googling) which may explain why I'm still measuring 25cm. So I was 25cm at my 26w and 28w appointment and she said she'll remeasure me in 2 weeks but now im worried? He's very active and I sure seem to be growing in bump size..

Fundal height is only a guide. I had the same... i always measured behind and some weeks it would be the same.. they sent me for growth scans and my baby arrived a healthy 9 lb 7.
Don't worry hun :)

As the above poster says it is a guide. They really cant tell anything re growth etc without doing a scan.
My friend was measuring 3 weeks behind on fundal height when she went for her 38 week midwife app. They sent her for a growth scan and said baby was fine. Ive also heard it can depend on how baby is lying.
If your really worried then I would push my midwife for a growth scan.

Thank you ladies-im only worried because ive read what it CAN mean! Ie growth stopped, low amniotic fluids...im due to see her a week on Wed but im going to request to be measured next Wednesday and if the same ill push for a growth scan

Have you been googling it??? I think a lot of us are guilty of that and automatically think the worst, I know I do ,google is the devil lol ..more than likely everything is just fine, hope all goes well for you xx

Yes I have :-/ it is evil!

I had to ban myself from google! It always gives you worst case scenario. I think most people i know have had a growth scan at some point and all turned out fine. Not sure where you are as i am on my phone but the policy in my area said that if fundal height was static you are reffered for a growth scan but i didnt start getting measured until 28 weeks!

At my 28week appointment I was measuring 27weeks, then at my 31week one I was still measuring exactly 27weeks. 3 weeks behind is the cut off that they will send you for a scan so we had one and he's 4lbs! So a bit bigger than average, he's just hiding well lol

I'm also 3/5 engaged and my bump has really dropped so that's why I'm measuring smaller i think :)

I'm sure your LO is fine just hiding like mine is :) xx

Im in the UK, I hope he is hiding..! Trying not to worry but being a mum to be has made me such a worry pot! Im very long torsoed too so maybe that has an effect on his ability to hide! Well I was 25cm at 28+3 so she should have sent me then...ill speak to her on Tuesday after bank holiday. My baby always seems to be low aswell, rarely get kicks above my belly button although she felt my uterus and said it's where it should be..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->