Fussy days

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Some days we seems to go through phases where Alex will refuse to eat most if not anything and sits in the chair crying/screaming.

IS it normal they have fussy days? Im assuming its an independence thing, he wants to feed himself, the only thing is even if i give himt he chance to (hand him the spoon for example) he still sits and cries.

Im always stumped when he does this, should i go find soemthing else for him? Take him out the chair and try something else maybe half hour later?

I can tell you, ill be soo glad when he can talk and tell me if hes hungry or not/what he wants!

How long is it since he has eaten, and also does sometimes he have something before that was quite filling?
I know for sure that Izzy does not hungry as quick if she had porridge than what she does if she had toast!

average 2 hours after a bottle he would eat, sometimes 2.5 hours.

He usually has a bottle then solids 2ish hours later.

the day would usually go like:

8.30am breakfast
10.30am 8ozs bottle
1pm lunch
3-4pm 6ozs bottle
5-6pm dinner
7.30-8pm 8ozs bottle

My child seems to go through phases. Recently she went from eating quite well to suddenly not really wanting anything except fruit mixed with yoghurt. She wouldn't eat any of her old favourites and in her case it's not an independence thing as she feeds herself mostly. This went on for a week and a half and then all of a sudden she was over it and eating well again. Who knows why they do these things sometimes. I wouldn't worry unless it goes on for a really long time and he doesn't seem himself.

Lucas use to do this and still dose some times he just wants his bottle and not food i started giving a bottel after each meal

My Lo does this too, I thought in the beginning it was the food he didnt like so i would give an old fav, normally something cheesy but nope he wouldnt eat anything, other days he is a piggy so i just go with the flow. He also gets easily destracted and wants out of the highchair, I normally keep meal times short sweet otherwise he kicks off.

Maisie has this too, although she dont cry, she just refuses to eat ! I never know what to do, whether to keep trying things or replace her meal for a bottle or what. I keep trying but she just ends up getting frustrated then she starts crying !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->