Fussy eaters, pls share school dinner experience!

I feel a bit sorry for Maria now, no options for her meal and they don't even get dessert. But then again she'd probably just eat the dessert and not the proper food.

Ahhh, can't remember if it was like that when I was in school.

Bens a fussy eater at home, but he generally eats well at school. I basically told him he wasn't allowed a packed lunch and he has to have the food they serve! Saying that they have a meat/veggie option as well as jacket potato or pasta with a few choices of toppings. I'd say 2/3 days out of 5 he has a jacket or pasta but he does occasionally try meals he wouldn't have touched at home.

I also get sent the menu every half term so it's good to know what it is in advance.

Lucas is fussy, I send him in with packed lunches.
However, it's mainly because his school are terrible when it comes to lunchtime. We tried a term of school dinners because Lucas wanted to sit with all his friends (there are only a couple of kids taking in their own and they sit separately). But there are no menus, no encouragement to the kids, according to Lucas they didn't even tell them what was for dinner so he'd only pick the food he recognised in the trays. One time he got super upset because everyone else got strawberries and he didn't know they were available :dohh: Seeing other kids eat doesn't encourage him either, he's incredibly stubborn.
But with packed lunch I can see what he's eaten instead of him telling me "I had a bite of pizza and two scoops of ice cream".

Ahhh, can't remember if it was like that when I was in school.

Im a LSA and also do lunch duty. Yes we always check they do attempt to eat savory first and also with school dinners . We only have 1 that never eats anything and we always tell her parents but she still has dinners. All of the others at least try with encouragement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->