Fussy feeding all of a sudden?

Brockie

Reaction score
hi ladies

not sure if anyone else has experienced this the last few days Fred is being a nightmare to feed! he latches on and off, screams and in general is not botherd about milk!! other than feed time he is happy as usual and still sleeping well x

he has always fed really well and had him weighed this week he is nearly 15lb, im wonderering if my milk isn't enough? i mean i know im producing enough but wonder if he needs more than milk?

he seems too young to start weaning, but then he is a big boy and very active?

i know the HV would shoot me down for even thinking baby rice!!!

any advice ladies? xxx:hugs:

i started giving my other 2 rice around this age

Emm had a phase like this and it can pass quite quickly e.g. within a week or so. I phoned the breastfeeding helpline and they said the same that babies can fuss for no apparent reason. Dont go down the food route yet - plenty of time!!! If you think it might help, could you express some milk for him to take in a bottle so that he gets lots at once rather than taking a while to breastfeed? If you wanted to try a bottle of formula as well at some point you could if that might help although I might get shot down in flames for suggetsing it!!!! Hope it passes soon

archie is ff and ive had trhe same prob all week i took him to the gp and he has a bad case of thrush(i didnt realise that sometimes it could be sore). he didnt have the white spots on his tongue or anything
what he was doing.....he would latch to the bottle if he was starving and take about 1-2oz then scream bloody blue murder if i tried to put the bottle anywhere near him after that, he was still sleeping fine and going the same length of time in between feeds just not taking much...he would also suck his duumy but the min milk touched him hed start
hth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->