G g g gbefhf fhh

Start with gripe water, if it doesnt work go for infacol. Baby fennel tea also helps.

I stopped using infacol as it's chemicals. Gripe water worked perfectly for my LO. hope this would help xx

Thankx i was on infacol at the start but did nothing for him. It horrible watching him like this

:hugs: dont worry, he'll grow out of it when he's a bit older. Try gripe water. r u bfing or ffing? I ff & noticed that giving him a warm bottle is better than a cold one. swaddling & tummy massage with olive oil or baby ooil will also help xx

Abigail has been pretty windy lately, in the night she wakes up crying sometimes, fusses and then does massive farts! I have found that feeding her a lttle seems to help (am BF) and have just started using infacol so we'll seehow it goes. I tried gripe water but she seemed to hate the taste of it and it was a battle to get her to take it in the night when she really needed it, it ended up with her being wide awake and then I had to feed her again to get her to sleep, it got a bit much! Infacol seems easier for her to take so far.

we use gripe water hun, its amazing stuff.

My LO is 10 weeks and has had really bad colic from birth and she has been on infacol since her first week. It has stopped working now and she has been up with terrible wind for the past couple of nights so I have been advised by HV and doctor to try colief which I have been using for a few days and so far seems to be working well. I think it has made a difference to us as colief is put in the bottle whereas infacol is put in the mouth and she was just spitting it out.

I would just say one thing infacol is only £2.99 a bottle but colief is £10.99 a bottle so much more expensive so if you are going to try it get it on prescription. I have found it easier though to get it free using the minor aliments scheme at boots.

colief drops have worked for us and chamomile tea

I wanted to try colief but I think you have to give it in milk and LO won't take a bottle so unless I can find some way of injecting it into my breast it looks like a no no for us :(

I swear by Infacol and my HV has said that it is safe to give for long periods of time. I tried to stop using it as he was getting better at bringing wind up on his own but the wind got bad again so HV has advised giving it for another month and then try stopping again. I don't Infacol really helps with bottom burps though.

If you try gripe water and baby doesn't like the taste of the Woodwards one Boots do an apple flavoured one that my HV told me about. Elliott really likes it and will even suck the syringe when I give it to him. It is sugar free but tastes good!

I swear by Infacol and my HV has said that it is safe to give for long periods of time. I tried to stop using it as he was getting better at bringing wind up on his own but the wind got bad again so HV has advised giving it for another month and then try stopping again. I don't Infacol really helps with bottom burps though.

If you try gripe water and baby doesn't like the taste of the Woodwards one Boots do an apple flavoured one that my HV told me about. Elliott really likes it and will even suck the syringe when I give it to him. It is sugar free but tastes good!

Ooooh thank you, I will definitley try this.

I wanted to try colief but I think you have to give it in milk and LO won't take a bottle so unless I can find some way of injecting it into my breast it looks like a no no for us :(

Just had a look at the instructions on the colief bottle and Colief can be used if your breastfeeding. The instructions say to try to express a few tablespoons of breastmilk and add the colief drops to it and give it to the LO using a sterilised spoon and then breastfeed as normal. Don't know if that is any help.

Try the infacol again, u really need to consistently use it to have an effect.

Ooooh thank you, I will definitley try this.

No problem :flower: Elliott hates the Woodwards one so it was a god send when the HV told me about the Boots one. I hope your LO likes it.

Just had a look at the instructions on the colief bottle and Colief can be used if your breastfeeding. The instructions say to try to express a few tablespoons of breastmilk and add the colief drops to it and give it to the LO using a sterilised spoon and then breastfeed as normal. Don't know if that is any help.
I BF and thats exactly what i do......express just a small amount into sterile container and then give it to Rossi using a syringe.It really has made all the difference for us,he's such a happy baby now and sleeps much better.
I guess all babies are different and it's worth trying all the different suggestions, personally infacol and gripe water didn't work for us.
Good luck !!!:thumbup:

we used dentinox but we still couldnt put him down so i bought gripe water and it works really well. hope you get it sorted xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->