Gagging

Dizzy321

very proud mammy to 3!
Reaction score
Rosie is 7 1/2 months and each time I give her some finger food like toast or biscotti or organix carrot sticks, anything really she gags and is sick quite a bit :wacko:

I have left it a few days and tried her again and still she is sick, I have tried her before or after her puree but she is the same :(

I cant remember Jack being like this....do you think she is still quite young and will get used to it or should she be enjoying finger foods at this age?

Thanks X

Hannah would gag on new tastes and textures but she never got sick off of her foods

she just does not seem to like anything in her mouth like she will gag if she gets a peice in her mouth tries to push it out and if she cant get it out she will throw up :(

:( I'm afraid I don't really know what to suggest Hannah always preferred food over milk and ate pretty much anything

:hugs:

No advice from experience hun, Dylan loves finger foods and pretty much has all finger foods now but maybe try increasing the lumps in her puree gradually and seeing how she gets on with that first. Once she is used to that then try again with the finger foods.
I've found that Dylan eats banana the easiest as it mushes up really easily in his mouth, can be tricky to hold though!

she just does not seem to like anything in her mouth like she will gag if she gets a peice in her mouth tries to push it out and if she cant get it out she will throw up :(

This is Charlie exactly!!! Though I have no advice hun sorry. x

Charlotte gagged on finger foods for the first week or so but was never sick because of it. Not sure what to suggest, maybe try not pureeing her foods as much? x

Elyse did this to me once, so I am waiting on some finger foods.. going make her purees a bit more lumpy, adjust the consistency of her cereal (make it a bit thicker) and maybe try the textured jars. I found grated cheese and little bits of toast are the best finger foods, steamed broccoli is nice, anything where they just get that little bit.

Is there something that she really likes that is solid that she can try? What about cheerios? How are those for her? Make sure also her bites aren't too big. My daughter is 6 so that is about all I can remember.

If she got a cheerio in her mouth she would not be impressed! Jack was never like this :shrug: just gave her cerial a bit thicker and she borked so much and was sick :(
maybe its cause she is still quite young and it will take a bit longer? dont want to rush her.
going to make her purees a bit thicker see what she thinks :shrug:

Caine gags too I think its quite normal but maybe she just has a really sensitive gag reflex?

Try banana and maybe some cheese to suck on?

I am holding off with the toast as thats makes caine really gag, but he is ok with rusks and banana I just have to watch he dont take too much in at once xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->