Gained 5 lbs in a week?!

ltrip84

Mom and pregnant
Reaction score
I'm overweight already, but I did pretty well with my weight gain last pregnancy. I'm currently 5+2. I weighed myself last week and was 5 lbs lighter. I really don't think I have been eating a large amount more than usual. I felt bloated yesterday. Do you think it could be water weight?

Sounds like water weight! You can gain faster with subsequent pregnancies as well.

Yeah I imagine it's water. I'm pretty sure you'd have to be really going for it to put on 5lbs of real weight in a week! Are you bloated too? So far I've put on 1lb each week! I have a small frame 5ft2 and uk size8, I'm sure my BMI is not far off from the overweight category now which is ridiculous! I think it's down to the bloat / water and growing bbs! Try not to worry. X

Thanks gals! I did feel bloated yesterday, but not so much today. I'm trying to drink more water today.. Hopefully that will help.

I've put on 9lb during first tri 😬 Can't be helped sometimes. Don't stress it, plenty of time to lose weight once baby is here!

I lost 3 lbs right off and freaked out because it wasn't morning sickness or anything. Then suddenly i gained 5. Now its been stable.

I'm in the same boat. Overweight, trying to minimize gains

I weighed myself this morning and it's still the same :( Gotta drink that water today!

Yep only 8 weeks and gain 6 pounds already with Ms and not eating much I'm huge and have ha big bump already lol

I usually put on about 10kg during first trimester. Luckily it slows down heaps after that.
I eat anything I can to get me through those first few weeks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->