Gained FOUR pounds in a week?!! Help!

libbyam2003

Toddler and infant
Reaction score
Ok that can't possibly be from overeating etc, can it??? I don't have any noticeable swelling, but maybe its water retention?? Should I drink a ton of water this weekend in hopes that it makes the scale go back down?? What have you guys done if this has happened and did the weight stay on? I don't understand this sudden weight gain...

My last weigh in I gained 4 lbs as well, I just say next week will be better :)

Thanks!!

Did the dr think it might be water retention? Or baby? Seems like a lot for just a week. Like I must have really eaten horribly... sigh! Dr appt next week.

I always weigh myself first thing with no clothes on having had a wee! Your weigh naturally fluctuates during the day and clothing and shoes make a big difference. It's amazing how much a wee makes to weight too!

According to my doctors scale, I gained six pounds in two weeks, and no one said anything to me about it, though it does make you feel rather crappy huh?

My dr will definitely say something if this weight stays on. I guess that's what makes me more cognizent about it! And yeah I weight first thing in the morning with boxers and tshirt after peeing to keep it consistent... and I don't worry about fluctuations throughout the week... but weight stayed on so looks like its here to stay. Ugh! I just hope I'm not going to gain 4 EVERY week because I have 7 weeks to go, ha!

I think we have the same due date, libby! And I've gained 4 pounds in a week before, too, but I'm pretty sure for me it's from overeating lol

Lacey! Yay for same due date! Do you think you'll have the baby early, on time, or late?? I have no idea, but I'm thinking right around time unless I induce a week early. You should follow my journal.. doesn't look like you have one?

And yeah oh dear my gain is probably from overeating also... it coincides with when I started having much stronger BH more often so more uncomfortable... and I'm the type to forgo healthy eating when I feel bad!

I went in a few weeks ago and gained almost 5lbs in a week and then 4 days lat I went in and lost 4. I was wearing heavier clothes when I lost and it was the same scale. My nurse said it could be fluid retention. Neither her nor my dr were concerned but I felt like a heifer. :(.

Lacey! Yay for same due date! Do you think you'll have the baby early, on time, or late?? I have no idea, but I'm thinking right around time unless I induce a week early. You should follow my journal.. doesn't look like you have one?

And yeah oh dear my gain is probably from overeating also... it coincides with when I started having much stronger BH more often so more uncomfortable... and I'm the type to forgo healthy eating when I feel bad!

I might have her early as I have a bicornuate or heart shaped uterus so I'm at risk for preterm labor. But I don't think mine's too bad as the doctor hasn't seemed too worried about it. I do have a feeling that she might be a little late since this is my first! Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

I don't have a journal but I'm going to start stalking yours. :)

Don't panic!
We recently bought a scale and out of curiosity, I have been weighing myself several times a day. My weight fluctuates as much as 5 or 6 pounds a day depending on when I've eaten or had a drink or if I've gone to the bathroom.
I had also freaked out several weeks ago about gaining 6 lbs in two weeks. A month later I've lost a pound - the nurse actually asked how my appetite was.

Thanks new wife for the reassurance!

And Lacey, good to hear your dr doesn't seem too concerned... That must mean not super high risk then hopefully!

Thanks new wife for the reassurance!

And Lacey, good to hear your dr doesn't seem too concerned... That must mean not super high risk then hopefully!

Nope! I figure if a uterus can hold twins mine should definitely stretch out enough for one. Fingers crossed!

i gained 4 in 2 days and it seems to have stayed. before that i had only gained 11 pounds whole preg to 30 weeks., my ankles are swollen since though and fingers look like sausages!!! so thinkin its fluid for me. i have had more sweets though so gonna knock those on the head again :)

well for anyone interested, the weight evened out a bit! Down to just gaining 2 pounds in a week, so that works! I don't mind an extra pound here and there. So part of it might have been water weight.

Lilesmom, wow only 11 pounds! Yeah swelling, ugh! Do you have to be on your feet a lot? I am thankful I don't except I am up more on the weekends with my toddler... but weekdays I am at work and sit on my butt, so that helps! Oh and Friday I'll be 34 weeks... think I'll have gained 23 pounds by that point. Dr advised 30 overall, so I am on track! :)

im up more now libbyam, more like around 17 ish now at 34 weeks, but it does still vary.
i had hosp app today and they werent concerned , its def fluid, im swelling a bit now every day even in morn, i had protein in my urine sample too so they think maybe slight infection. they sent it off to check if i need antibs, so i can get back on track if i can shake infection :) hoping it is just fluid, i knwo im not up loads but i had weight to lose startin off ;)
i think lots of it is water weight for u too, glad ur on track :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->