Gained too much but where did it go lol ?

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
This is actually hilarious and more for fun than anything. But I would like to call bullshit on the weight gain guidelines. :lol:

During my last appointment with the nurse only, I was told I gained too much too early, followed by some diet recommendations (which is silly, I eat a very healthy diet). It turns out I gained 12 pounds by only 15 weeks.
I did not suffer from nausea or food aversions but instead was hungry and craving certain foods. I never monitor how much I eat, just eat healthy due to having had health problems in the past (sig). I am the type that does not gain so I eat lots.
I got curious and double checked the weight gain thing online and it said the same.

Tbh I don't know where I supposedly gained the weight. I don't look heavier, my jeans and clothes fit the same. A bit of actual weight gain would even be welcome...but nope, see for yourself.

I think it is a bit silly doctors/ nurses stick so firmly to charts that say WHEN you have to gain HOW MUCH. I doubt every pregnancy is the same. Some will lose in the first trimester, others will gain more slowly later. With my son I gained a bit more than the recommended amount, and hardly looked bigger than here too. Photo attached (excuse my husband's clothing ^^)

Maybe I have heavy boobs or retain more water..:haha: maybe I store weight in mysterious places.
But honestly I think every pregnant woman gains different and that these charts are just as pointless as the BMI :shrug:

Did anyone else experiences weight oddities in pregnancy?

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1446843180756.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1446843180756.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_2015-11-07-17-45-50_mh1446914840735.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-07-17-45-50_mh1446914840735.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 57
Some people gain more weight earlier on in their pregnancies- some pack it on at the end. Your weight gain doesn't seem shocking to me, it sounds pretty normal, actually. I'm almost 20 weeks and I've gained 16 lbs, which I'm pretty sure is mostly boob weight gain!

I mean u look amazin im the pics...u sound healthy and its right ull gain more or less at certain points
We dont all work the same xx

Some people gain more weight earlier on in their pregnancies- some pack it on at the end. Your weight gain doesn't seem shocking to me, it sounds pretty normal, actually. I'm almost 20 weeks and I've gained 16 lbs, which I'm pretty sure is mostly boob weight gain!

Yes my boobs got so heavy so early! They must have some weight to them! ;)
In my last pregnancy the weight gain was steady but supposedly past the recommended amount. Will see how this one goes. I remember my stomach being so tiny and not being able to eat large meals towards the third trimester so I might as well enjoy eating now :D

I mean u look amazin im the pics...u sound healthy and its right ull gain more or less at certain points
We dont all work the same xx

Thank you! I truly believe we don't all work the same and it is funny that charts think we do. Same for babies actually...my exclusively breastfed son was obese (95th percentile) at 9 months according to some charts. ;)

I've gained 3lbs at 21 weeks and am apparently 4lbs under the minimum weight gain. Had a scan couple weeks ago and baby is measuring bang on target and eveeything is healthy. With my last pregnancy in total I gained 5 stone. I do work out a lot and tbh have gained more muscle definition. In complete honesty I'm expecting to pack it on from now till the end. I'll probably end up whale sized again. Hehe.

I've gained almost a pound a week so far. And I know it's because I'm eating non stop, but it helps with the nausea, which still lingers. If I only gain a pound a week, I'd gain less than I did with my son. The weight fell off easily though and without doing much to try to loose it, so I'm not worried about it. My MW hasn't said anything to me yet, which is different than the last time when they were all over me gaining too much.

You look very healthy and very slim. It is laughable isn't it. I didn't gain anything in my 2nd pregnancy doing Slimming world, by his 1st birthday I had lost 5 stone and was at target when I fell pregnant this time with a BMI of 22. Well so far I've gained 14lb!!!!! I'm mortified, but my last pregnancy I lost 28.5lb 10 days after birth so at least I know I can easily get a couple of stone off again within 2 weeks x

I only put on about 6lbs total in my last pregnancy, I lost few in early pregnancy. Barely looked pregnant from behind at all.

So far this time I've lost and gained the same few lbs, but it had been under my pre-pregnancy weight at last check. Even though my bump is obvious my face and sides have clearly lost weight. I started off about 18lbs lighter than I was before DS, so I guess it's just how it is for me.

I have lost about eighteen pounds but because I wasn't slim before (about a size twelve) and I changed my habits so quickly no sodas, fried foods and really not craving sweets and the nausea the doctor said it's not unusual my husband says my behind face and arms look slimmer my stomach is getting firmer but not smaller. And my boobs look AMAZING... hubbys word not mine. I think we all change in different ways my doctor said that she had a woman who gave birth fifteen pounds lighter than her prebaby weight and she was perfectly healthy. For me I already struggle with my weight and I would rather not gain a bunch if I can help it. I just want the baby to grow get everything he or she needs.

I think you look great! You're all belly and look very beautiful I hope I look even half that good at full term.

Strange thing, that weight gain. I think I've come on quite a bit these past weeks. It's all going to belly though. My belly is looking pretty big already. I th in k I might get asked soon if I'm carrying twins.
I don't have scales at home. I only get weight at prenatal visits. I keep track of weight with my pants. Still fit in the past I wore 5 years ago. Now that belly is big, normal pants don't fit great, but they'll do when pregopants ate in washing.
I did have to buy a badingsuit today ... That was a bit less than exciting. I look like a whale! ...

The bathing suit reminds me..at 9 mths I went swimming in a bikini :lol:...I was the attraction of the day.

Kay0102
It is so weird being told that when usually everyone complains I'm too thin...like make up your minds ^^. My weight was on the lower end of normal prior to pregnancy.

Very interesting to hear I am not alone with weight gain not by the books though! I'm sure there may be times when I gain a bit less and then a bit more again. I'm not a chart :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->