Gallbladder problems?

stuckinoki

2 Sticks A Butter Ya'll
Reaction score
Has anyone had their gallbladder removed while pregnant.

This pain has been going on for about a month now. I can feel my gallbladder is swollen and very very tender to the touch, the pain is so bad that I can hardly breathe when I have the attacks. My OB said there was nothing to be done about it while pregnant but I can not imagine living in this kind of pain for the next 6 months.

Diet has not helped, though I did cut my fats down to almost nothing, and this hasn't seemed to have helped in anyway at all. The attacks seem to happen whether or not I have eaten recently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry :( I've had my gall bladder out but I wasn't pregnant then, it is certainly not fun, I had a really bad case so I empathize with you...I've actually heard it is one of the things that they will do whilst pregnant but maybe I'm wrong? Could you get a second opinion?

It seems they like to wait until you're in your 2nd tri so you're good there, here's a link to an article about it you may have to copy and paste ;)
https://laparoscopy.blogs.com/preve...09/laparoscopic-surgery-during-pregnancy.html

Sorry one last thing to add ;) I just want you to know you don't have to be in that kind of pain and that you should definitely get a second opinion, not trying to scare you but from what I've read, it almost seems that yours and your baby's mortality rate is increased by not having the surgery which I can believe because as I said before I had a really really bad case, the dr said mine was the worst he'd ever seen and after the surgery I had to have 3 more additional "surgeries" to place stints in ducts where stones had gotten stuck and/or to try* to remove stones...I had never been so sick in my life.

Thank you. I don't have a primary care doctor right now and don't really want to do the ER thing but this is getting ridiculous.

I'm having attacks almost daily regardless of what I eat.

I'm going to call him again tomorrow and see what else can be done, on the off chance he was just giving me the brush off because he thought I wouldn't know what gallbladder pain felt like, you know?

I'm just sick of the constant pain.

I'm half tempted to go to the ER tonight but with the full moon and it being Sunday, I don't really want to deal with that sort of crazy.

If I get the brush off again tomorrow I will just go to the ER in the morning.

Yes i had mine out at 23 weeks. They won't do it before or after 2nd tri unless in an emergency.
I was having fortnightly attacks that put me into emergency on morphine and fluids each time. I was having to have over night stays at hospital which meant my hubby had to have time off work etc. Id lost 14kg between 10 and 23 weeks. I was on a next to not fat diet and i still had attacks. I couldn't have any fizzy drinks either.

Thank you misscalais, I've been staying away from the fizz too for the most part.

Nothing seems to stop the pain as far as diet goes.

Good to know it can be done between now and third tri through! I will definitely be calling the doctor in the morning.

I'm half tempted to go to the ER tonight but with the full moon and it being Sunday, I don't really want to deal with that sort of crazy.

If I get the brush off again tomorrow I will just go to the ER in the morning.

I definitely think this is a good idea if he brushes you off again! Gallbladder pain is no joke! And you're right about changing your diet-I'm actually quite "crunchy" and had tried to do some natural stuff before I had surgery, the dr thought I was insane but I have friends who have been able to heal theirs naturally, but I think mine was too far gone by the time I found out about it. Sometimes it's so bad already that diet just won't do anything to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->