Gallstones in Pregnancy... anyone had??

nickynora

1 fab 4yr old & 1 angel x
Reaction score
So I was out shopping in Asda on thursday with my 5yr old son, I'd just got back to the car when I got really crippling upper abdo pain right in the centre under my breast bone. :cry:

It was so bad that I felt really faint and dizzy and nearly passed out in the carpark - luckily someone saw that I wasn't ok and hepl me back inot the store.

The store were fantastic and called an ambulance etc.

The paramedic who delt with me was really good, although my pain wasn't improving as well as he'd liked I avoided a trip to a&e as eventually after an hr or so the pain had gone, and I was ok.

The paramedic made me drink loads of milk, and told me he thought it was just a very bad case of reflux - although I don't suffer usually and have only ever had a very mild case of that horrible acid taste in my mought associted with heartburn and indegestion!! :shrug:

He told me to get checked out by my GP so I went on Friday. My GP isn't convinced the paramedic is right, and has ordered some blood tests and sent an urgent request for an ultrasound scan as he believes it could be Gallstones!! :shrug::dohh:

My mum has had Gallstones and she said she was really really poorly with them, I didn't have any of the other symptoms associated with Gallstones, just the crippling abdo pain - but then again I didn't have any other symptoms associated with Reflux either!

So I'm left wondering what hell happend until the test results come :(

So I was wondering if anyone else has suffered with Gallstones during pregnancy, and what you experienced???

Mum says she can see why the GP thinks it's Gallstones, and that maybe I have just a mild case that just happened to be agrevated by being pregnant, and baby squashing everything, thus leading me to experience some symptoms but not all?? :shrug::wacko:

I just feel like it's one thing after another with this pregnancy :dohh:

I spent a week in hospital at 15 weeks with suspected gallstones. The pain was crippling and could only be controlled with morphine. The abdo scan didn't show any stones thank god and all they could put it down to in the end was gastritis. At one point I was in so much pain, same place as you but had spread to my back, that I was having blood tests and ECG to check for an embolism but thank god it wasn't that. Hell of a week.
Fingers crossed you just had bad reflux!!!

I went threw my whole last pregnancy with galstones (were never found till I finally gave up and went to the hospital when she was like 6mo old) the whole time my dr just kept upping heart burn meds. We even went to the hospital one time in the middle of our date and was told reall labor woud hurt more (whitch it didn't galstones hurt way more! Anyways that's how I felt and acted every time :( the ultrasound will show for sure I'm sorry. It didn't matter what id do I had the attacks all the time!

Thanks Ladies!

Just hoping the results from the bloods don't take too long to come back, and that the ultrasound is sooner rather than later.

Till then I'll just have to wait. Really really hoping I don't have another attack, whatever it was!

I've got gallstones. I had an attack of them when my eldest was about a year old, so 7 years ago, and haven't had one since. It was awful, worse than labour. I couldn't breathe or move. Never been in pain like it.
The only time I feel them now is when I'm pregnant and the extra pressure must rub on them or something. They wanted to remove my gallbladder, but I said no because I wanted to see how I went on, which was a good choice I think because they don't bother me now.

I think they should have sent you straight for an ultrasound to check straight away. That's what they did with me when they kept me in hosp. x

I've got gallstones. I had an attack of them when my eldest was about a year old, so 7 years ago, and haven't had one since. It was awful, worse than labour. I couldn't breathe or move. Never been in pain like it.
The only time I feel them now is when I'm pregnant and the extra pressure must rub on them or something. They wanted to remove my gallbladder, but I said no because I wanted to see how I went on, which was a good choice I think because they don't bother me now.

I think they should have sent you straight for an ultrasound to check straight away. That's what they did with me when they kept me in hosp. x

Lucky! I would get mult a day everyday even getting cold would set them off :/ the worse 'attack' was 2 days long! That's when I went to the hospital! Before that I never had heart burn nothing

I'm still waiting for the ultrasound appointment to come through, and since thurs I have had no problems.

I have just had a phone call from GP though and he's had the results from my blood tests, and apparently my liver function numbers are a bit squiffy :dohh: which he said is indicative of an 'episode' of gallstones - so I need to go back tomorro and have some repeat tests done to check them out. :dohh:

Seriously is there anything else that can go wrong:dohh::dohh:

I had kidney stones and the pain sounds like it was similar. Honestly labor wasn't as bad as them. I am allergic to morphine so there are limited drugs I can have. I hope everything turns out well for you! I know your pain.

My attacks got worse after baby was born and I ended up very sick and needing emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder when my baby was a couple weeks old. My attacks would last up to twelve hours though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->