gallstones

missdani

Reaction score
I got gallstones just after having my son nearly 4 years ago. I was in a&e so much when i had a full attack and couldnt control the pain but i refused the op as was scared of leaving my little one. Iv had no problems at all for the last 9 or 10 months but today i can feel the pain starting its just getting worse :( any tips on what tablets i can safely take? Paracetamol isnt even touching the pain :(

Can I ask what sort of pain it is and where it is? I have been getting random pains to the right of my belly button. More so when I move. And usually in the evenings, maybe after eating? Just wondering if it could be something similar. I had ectopic surgery at easter so not sure if it could be something in relation to that or not. Sorry I have not answered your question at all!

I developed them with my last pregnancy. I was in emergency almost weekly on iv morphine to control the pain. I was eating next to nothing and very low fat the things i was eating and i still got attacks. We ended up having surgery at 23 weeks as i couldn't handle the pain and the hospital stays any more. The hospital gave me endone to take at home in hopes that would be enough to kill the pain without having to go to emergency but it wasn't enough.

Can I ask what sort of pain it is and where it is? I have been getting random pains to the right of my belly button. More so when I move. And usually in the evenings, maybe after eating? Just wondering if it could be something similar. I had ectopic surgery at easter so not sure if it could be something in relation to that or not. Sorry I have not answered your question at all!

I have this pain too yet it seems to be my large intestine. Gallbladder looks fine.

OP I read many good things about a high fat, low carb Paleo Diet for gallstones. However in pregnancy it may not be that easy. Either way maybe read the links and if you are interested you can google "pregnancy gallstones paleo".
https://www.dietdoctor.com/gallstones-and-low-carb
https://paleodietnews.com/2524/the-paleo-diet-gallbladder-issues/

Developed them during pregnancy with my son and wound up having it ripped out a month after he was born. The pain IS unbearable and sadly just about anything and everything can and will set off an attack. The last one I had that landed me in the ER with surgery was so intense that my husband came home from work early and rushed me in. It SUCKED. During pregnancy it's even more dicey since there isn't much, outside IV morphine and morphine related products that will even begin to take the edge off it. The best way to describe a gallbladder attack is feeling like a heart attack, just south of your chest and north of your stomach. It's HORRIBLE.

PS: avoid EVERYTHING fatty and greasy! You'll sincerely regret it. I don't care if that Chinese or Pizza looks FANTASTIC and you're craving it to the point of drooling, don't give in or you'll wind up in the ER having the worst attack of your life. Google the gallbladder diet. It MAY help. My final straw happened after eating plain oatmeal, though... It was seriously time for it to come on out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->