Gallstones

Pink_Tinks

Reaction score
ive just been diagnosed with suspected gallstones...

anyone had this before??

App its really common for women after pregnancy and on birth control pills...!!

Hi hun,
I hat them during my 2nd pregnancy and after he was born, i had a opp to have my gall bladder removed when he was 3 months old.

If you have gallstones i really feel for you .. OMG the pain!! id rather give birth 10 times a day that have that again, i was so grateful when my gallbladder was removed because i know it can never come back :)

How are you coping with it hun? are you managing to eat much (for me most foods set it off and i spent ages eating only noodles)

I also had them during my 2nd pregnancy and after. Thankfully with a change of diet and losing weight, I've managed to control the pain. But oh my god, it was agonising. They thought I had Pre-E when I went in, was horrible. Morphine was good though.

I developed Gallstones at 17 when i was pregnant and had to have them removed when i developed Pancreatitis and got very ill in 2008.
If you want any advice or ways to cope with the pain feel free to PM me. xxx

thanks ladies.
Its not unbearable pain at the mo... keep getting sharp pains in my chest and my back is really hurting too!!

it started on friday like heartburn and i though 'omg please dont be pregnant again!!' as ive only ever had heartburn during pregnancy!

I had no idea how common gallstones were, im actually amazed!!!

They seems to be very common.
Mine were caused by the pill and having a pregnancy whilst i was young apparently....
Lot's of women in my family have had them too.

I developed Gallstones at 17 when i was pregnant and had to have them removed when i developed Pancreatitis and got very ill in 2008.
If you want any advice or ways to cope with the pain feel free to PM me. xxx

I developed Pancreatitis too .. id discharged myself from hospital (had alot of pain relief lol) and they phoned me to get me straight back.

The pain was so intense i'd collapsed a few times and once (before it was diagnosed) my OH had called 999 because i was on the floor, unable to breath properly in a whole world of pain .. its a horrible thing to have isnt it :hugs:

I'm waiting to see my general surgeon next week to disguss about having my gall bladder taken out i've been getting attacks since the middle of may and OMG!!! it's worse than labour.
I can sympathise with you, i haven't been able to eat much at times, been woken in the middle of the night by pain and feeling sick most of the days

I hope you get it sorted soon hun

ive just had mine out! (may) was the best thing ive ever had done!

i had my gall bladder removed 2 weeks after my c section last year!!
i still get the pains though and have had endless tests and hospital stays to rule things out and i am no nearer:(
the pain is terrible i really feel for anyone who has it
x

I just got diagnosised too. scan showed mt gall bladder was full and causing my liver problems. waiting to hear from the surgeon now to have it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->