Gastroschisis - anyone else?

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Is anyone else carrying a baby with gastroschisis (bowels growing outside of the abdomen) or had a child with this condition? We were told yesterday that our baby has this. I pretty much know what will happen when the baby is born but I really would like to hear of babies that have survived and how their lives are. Thanks xx

Sorry I don't know the answer but just wanted to say I hope everything works out okay :hug:

Same here hun. I'm sorry I don't know about this condition or the answer to your question, but I hope all is okay. :hugs:

Thanks ladies, I think I've found a couple of chatrooms dedicated to this. Don't want to scare myself too much but good to hear from other parents.

Hey there,
I am 23 years old, and expecting my first baby. I was born with Gastro. and I made it. I was a twin, and my sister was born perfect. I was in the hospital for 4 months, had 13 sugeries, and was only given a 25% chane to live, I ave a 17 cm scar down my tummy, and a lot all over my body and head from all the tubs they had to put in me....but here I am! I just hope everything goes well. Have faith, and everything will be okay. If my mom could survive with twins, and one being as sick as I was, you will be fine.
Karissa

A friends baby was born with this and she is now a happy healthy 3year old :higs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->