Gatroenteritis

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Oliver is still poorly, infact i think if anything he's getting worse! He started having diarrheoa 2weeks ago, its watery and has gloopy/greasy stuff and smells terrible. Hes pooing after every feed. He cries after he's eaten and sleeps way too much. He spends the day in my arms sleeping then he'll go in his moses basket at 6pm and sleep till 6am the next day..this is starting to worry me. He often feels warm and sweaty but his temperatures never gone above 37. Ive taken his docs last tues they said he's still eating so he'll be fine and that it sounds like gastroenteritis. Yesterday i rang the childrens hospital for advice, again they said he's fine! arrrghh. He's started to be sick now too.Dont know what to do for him. :( x

I would take him back to the docs again!

He's obviosly not getting any better, Ok he may be eating but if he's being sick then thats not very good IMO?

You can never be too careful!

I've actually just spoken to my friend thismorning her LO has been sick for a week, she took him to out of hours GP on friday and they said he was 'fine' he's being sick and has bad nappies too! She's taking him back today and demending they do something!!

Hope he feels better soon :hugs: Poor baby!

xx

Any kind of uncertainty take him back to the hospital, stand your ground and say you know hes not right and your not happy with their diagnosis...my daughter had this but she was about 12 months old and we found out she had an intolerance and she had to be swapped over to soya milk...

good luck
h x

Been trying to call docs all morn, its been engaged. Finally got through and been told there booked up all week, even on emergency appointments!! Waiting for a triage nurse to call us back now x

Doctors are rubbish!!

They have no emergency appointments ALL WEEK?? I thought emergencies were on the day appointments not 'I'm going to have an emergency on friday, I need an appt?' :dohh:

Hate Doctors! They should see you with a Baby - if not thats disgusting!!

Hope you get something sorted

xx

My point exactly! Just rang them again and had a massive row with a receptionist and said the same thing! She put me straight on to the traige nurse! She said to bring him down at 12:30..wish me luck! xx

Hello, well the doc says its gastroenteritis or lactose intolerance. I've gotta give it another week and if Ollie's no better then i need to start him on soya milk. x

i hope everything gets sorted hun, if he is being sick as well as diaharea they should do something, the don't usually if its just one or the other cos they are keeping it down one way.

thats exactly what happened to maddison, she was swapped over to soya sma the one with the green lid, literally 2 days later she got loads bettera nd after about 5 days she had stopped being sick, the milk is a little bit smelly and looks thicker thats the only think i can remember about it as shes 6 now but it was wonderful to see her better!!

h x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->