Gender prediction at first ultrasound!

RayeAnne

Reaction score
Surprisingly enough, this was true for my son and daughter!

Thought some of us will be having our scans really soon, maybe we can see if this is right!

https://www.whattoexpect.com/forums/april-2011-babies/archives/gender-prediction-at-1st-ultrasound-as-early-as-6-weeks.html

Thank you. That's really interesting.
I've had a scan at 7 weeks but I have no clue as to where the placenta could be.

I posted my scan in the gender prediction thread last week and only one person responded! Lol I get so confused when I read this theory because of the switching and which side becomes right and which becomes left and I gave up lol

What I read is that if you have an abdominal ultrasound, then the sides are switched. A transvaginal ultrasound give you the correct side, no need to switch.

I'm going to ask the ultrasound tech what side its on lol I will have no idea where to look!

I'm just going to ask my doc next time i see her on which side the placenta is.

Haha I don't know if this was right with my other children, my daughter had an anterior placenta but I heard about that too and will be asking at my 8 week scan next week! remember though its YOUR left, so if you have a transvaginal ultrasound, the image will show normal but if you have an abdominal ultrasound, it is mirror image so you have to flip the ultrasound (or just ask the tech).

I don't even know how to find the placenta on an ultrasound. The theory is interesting though, and that link was convincing. My son had an anterior placenta. And I am certain I do not have an anterior placenta this time because I am feeling flutters already.

Now the question is how do we find the placenta? Lol. My gender scan is in 9 days !!

I had transvaginal at 6 weeks and he yolk sac is to the right. I had a girl.

It does get confusing! U have to remember (or ask the tech) wer ur cervix is on the scan as that shows u which way u are looking at the scan.

Instead if me gettin all confused, I would like a pink one please (ha) so where should the placenta be? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->