Gender question 13 weeks

myangel167

Reaction score
I had an nt scan and asked if they had any idea what the gender was. The u/s tech said usually she can guess by the nub theory but she said she couldn't make a guess either way for me. She said the nub wasn't up or down, just right in the middle. Which from everything I've read online usually that would mean it's a girl.

What do u ladies think? Anyone have any input?? (And yes I've looked at the gender prediction thread already....but I'm not asking anyone to make a guess, just asking for stories/experiences involving finding out the gender early/nub theory/etc.

I am going to wait till my 20 week us to find out the sex

I went for my NT ultrasound and 13+5 and the tech told me she was 95% certain it was a girl...we could actually already see the "hamburger bun". So, I'm not too sure about the nub theory but we found out we were having a girl that early and she is definitely still a girl at 20 weeks.

I went for my NT ultrasound and 13+5 and the tech told me she was 95% certain it was a girl...we could actually already see the "hamburger bun". So, I'm not too sure about the nub theory but we found out we were having a girl that early and she is definitely still a girl at 20 weeks.

Thanks for sharing! :) I found out my daughter was a girl at 14+6. My husband wants a boy this time (I don't have a preference) and I have a feeling this baby is another girl. So I'm basically trying to find out if anyone, at 13ish weeks was told it may be a girl or that they couldn't tell yet, and still had a boy.

I'm sure that's happened. I just spoke with a friend who had two MUCH later ultrasounds done (when the baby's genitals are clear and obvious) and she was told that the baby was absolutely a girl. When her son was born a few months later, she got the shock if a lifetime... and they had to scramble a bit to get things for him since everything was incredibly girly.

In your case, we are all guessing blind over in the gender prediction forum. None of us saw the nub, so we can't even use that reliably. It's just a 50/50 guess at this point. We are only attempting to translate what your tech meant, but we weren't there so it's really impossible. I hope that your bean turns out to be whatever you're hoping for... or that your husband ends up just as excited if it turns out to be a girl. :hugs:

I will be honest and say that I've spent an embarrassing amount of time comparing my scan pictures to those of people who had scans at a similar gestation, and then later confirmed the gender. I'm looking to compare the skulls, since no nub was visible in my scan, but like 80-90% if the people who responded to my thread guessed "boy" based in the skull. I wasn't satisfied with that answer (me and my youngest not-so-secretly want another girl), so I'm trying to find examples of boyish skulls that turned girl and vice versa. LOL

Oh the obsessing we do while pregnant... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->