george ival 2/13/2011

bluerose

Reaction score
It finally happened! After several false alarms I had my son!
It started Saturday morning when I woke up to what I assumed was my bloody show. I went back to bed expecting to wake up to contractions. But they never started! So I called the midwife as I was bleeding pretty good and wanted to be sure everything was ok. She told me to come into the hospital. After a couple hours of walking and being checked they sent me home at 3 cm 75% effaced. That day went by without one real contraction, I couldn't believe it!
Then the next morning around 4:30 I woke up to some contractions that I thought were pretty good. I woke up the hubby and he helped me time them. They weren't very regular but they were getting stronger. I took a bath and tried to relax. Didn't really want to go to the hospital too early and be sent home again! Called the midwife around 6 and she told me to go in around 730.
Got in the hospital at 7:30 was still 3 cm but almost 100% effaced. I was worried that I wouldn't dilate because I had a couple procedures on my cervix in the past. The midwife wanted to just break my water and get it going. I got in my room around 9:00 and had to be monitored because they were worried about the baby's heart rate. 9:30 they broke my water and warned me that I would "really feel the contractions now". I had no pain medicine or even an IV. 10:00 they let me up off the monitor and the contractions got so strong I couldn't even move. By 11:00 I was writhing in pain on the bed scared to move because everything hurt and the contractions were on top of each other.
I warned them I wanted to push and the nurse was pretty casual as I had only been 6 cm before that. Well by 11:10 I was told I was 10cm,thank god because I was fighting my bod not to push!
11:15 I was allowed to push and at 11:27 my son was born, no pain medicine and somehow escaped stitches.
Hurt like hell but everything was so much better once he was out! George Ival 7lbs 11oz 21.5 inches long. 39 weeks+5 days. Perfect!

congratulations on arrival of ur baby george ival arrival u on facebook

https://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh174/graphics_diva/Baby/babyboy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"