Gerber baby food in plastic containers

Deise

Reaction score
So Im buying Keira's veggies to get her started and I pick up a package of Gerber Organic Carrots in the plastic container out of curiosity... And whaddya know!! Its made out of BPA containing plastic!!! WTF Gerber?!:dohh: Why even bother with the organic stuff? I swear, Im only cooking food for her!!!

Yikes...I didn't know that! I made Charlotte her own food, but she doesn't like the texture of it or something cause she won't eat it...even after straining it and pushing it through a sieve 4 times! She has been eating Gerber though...kinda makes me think more than twice about that...

Yea they are made from BPA. If you have a Babies R Us, and Target even carries a little bit of them, the Earths Best line is great. It is all organic, and they are in glass jars. I give Erica a jar usually if I'm trying her on something new, then make a big batch at home for her and freeze it. I was so frustrated while on vacation because I was doing just jars, and brought some of the Earths Best with me, but not enough for the whole time cause I figured I could buy them... I was wrong! The only organic ones I found were the Gerber in the BPA containers.

Oh, also, if you have a Safeway, they have their own line of Organic baby food in glass jars. Its just called like O Organics. Hope this helps a little. I really enjoy making Erica's food for her tho, I do it like once a week and make a batch big enough for a week or two or all different foods.

I didn't know that. Colton started off on Gerber, in the plastic containers.
Although, I think the only way to release the BPA in the plastic is by heating, cooling, heating, cooling.. it's released when the plastic is heated up (thats why it's twice as bad in bottles, because you boil them :dohh: )
But then again, I may be wrong. But I thought thats how I understood it.

It doesn't matter with Colton anymore, I switched him to Nature's Goodness, in glass jars. They aren't organic but he wont be eating anything 'organic' when he starts eating our dinner in the next month or so, and I'm not really worried about it.

Ive been making Noah's food since he started on solids. The book I use to www.freshbaby.com
We just bought Earth Best jars tonight for when we go out. He also eat's Earth's Best Organic Rice.

The Earths Best Cereals are good too. I also like the Happy Bellies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->