Gestational Diabetes diagnosis at 34+5 after Reduced Movement

Avasaurus91

Reaction score
Hi,

i experienced a bout of Reduced movement at 34+1 I was admitted to hospital to fast for a GTT (test for gestational diabetes) and further over night observations.
I found out today 34+5 I am positive for gestational diabetes, I’ve got to go pick up the blood monitor kit tomorrow but I don’t understand why they’ve cancelled my 36 week appt with the consultant that includes my growth scan for a telephone consultation with a different consultant ?
I feel rather down about it all even though they’ve said it’s not my fault, has anyone else had a similar experience with the NHS?

How frustrating :( Mine isn't pregnancy related but I got messed around a lot about my cardiologist appointment. They kept making me appointments and then cancelling them and switching them to telephone appointments and then never called. We were just going round in circles and I've still not had the appointment :(

I hope that everything is OK and that you get some answers soon.

How frustrating :( Mine isn't pregnancy related but I got messed around a lot about my cardiologist appointment. They kept making me appointments and then cancelling them and switching them to telephone appointments and then never called. We were just going round in circles and I've still not had the appointment :(

I hope that everything is OK and that you get some answers soon.
Thank you!!
The current pandemic really hasn’t helped things for people has it!
I’ve spoke to my midwife tonight and she said to wait and see what they say tomorrow but it looks as though we are likely to be induced early which I’m ok with I was induced with DD

I was diagnosed with GD a few weeks ago, I was kinda expecting it as I had GD in my last pregnancy. When I saw the diabetic team they booked me in for growth scans and consultant appointments so they should rebook them for you x

I was diagnosed with GD a few weeks ago, I was kinda expecting it as I had GD in my last pregnancy. When I saw the diabetic team they booked me in for growth scans and consultant appointments so they should rebook them for you x
I’ve got a call with my new consultant tomorrow, I’ve been getting BH stronger and sharper for the last few days, I don’t know why but I think that this madam is going to arrive very soon

Hoping everything is OK
Thank you; just plodding on, feeling a little fed up now, just want little lady here and healthy. Im terrified about taking insulin for the GD but consultant call tomorrow so I will update you all xxx

I’ve got a call with my new consultant tomorrow, I’ve been getting BH stronger and sharper for the last few days, I don’t know why but I think that this madam is going to arrive very soon

Aww good luck with your consultant call! What have your readings been like? I keep getting BH on and off too and the lightening crotch has me thinking I'm going into labour every single time it happens! I saw my consultant last week and they booked me in to be induced on 6th November but I'm convinced little miss will make her appearance before then x

Either way not long for both of us now :)

Aww good luck with your consultant call! What have your readings been like? I keep getting BH on and off too and the lightening crotch has me thinking I'm going into labour every single time it happens! I saw my consultant last week and they booked me in to be induced on 6th November but I'm convinced little miss will make her appearance before then x

Either way not long for both of us now :)
My readings have been all over the place, following a GD diet they were sky high so I’ve had to simplify things even more which is a royal pain! lightning crotch is a nightmare! I’ve got some serious pressure going on down there at the moment so who knows there’s a family history of not making it much past 36 weeks
Wishing you the best of luck for the 6th! Xx

My readings have been all over the place, following a GD diet they were sky high so I’ve had to simplify things even more which is a royal pain! lightning crotch is a nightmare! I’ve got some serious pressure going on down there at the moment so who knows there’s a family history of not making it much past 36 weeks
Wishing you the best of luck for the 6th! Xx

There is a support group on Fb that has helped me a lot with my diet. It's called gestational diabetes UK. It may be worth a look if you haven't already seen it :)

I'm also getting pressure down below and baby is going crazy, it actually hurts when she is moving around so she can't have much room in there now. Let me know how your consultant call goes xx

There is a support group on Fb that has helped me a lot with my diet. It's called gestational diabetes UK. It may be worth a look if you haven't already seen it :)

I'm also getting pressure down below and baby is going crazy, it actually hurts when she is moving around so she can't have much room in there now. Let me know how your consultant call goes xx
Ooo I will have to have a look on FB now, thank you. man i can’t wait for her to call, waiting is just annoying haha xx

Have they said what time they're going to call you?
How are you feeling today? I'm feeling sick and got a bit of a headache so just having yet another lazy day on the sofa. 37 weeks tomorrow so I'm hoping baby makes an appearance soon xx

Have they said what time they're going to call you?
How are you feeling today? I'm feeling sick and got a bit of a headache so just having yet another lazy day on the sofa. 37 weeks tomorrow so I'm hoping baby makes an appearance soon xx
They called just after lunch, appointment next week at 37+1 for a scan, then likely an induction a couple of days later unless insulin can’t bring my blood sugar under control then they will get her out ASAP. lots of tightenings today and feeling tired! Thinking of you! Get some rest xxx

Are you on metformin at the moment or diet controlled? Aww I've been getting lots of tightening too. I cant believe I am 37 weeks tomorrow. Thank you, I'm trying to get rest, I just wish I could get comfortable. You get some rest too :) xxx

Are you on metformin at the moment or diet controlled? Aww I've been getting lots of tightening too. I cant believe I am 37 weeks tomorrow. Thank you, I'm trying to get rest, I just wish I could get comfortable. You get some rest too :) xxx
They went straight for insulin with me because diet changes just weren’t bringing it under control.
I feel you for comfort! Tossed and turned all night haha xx

They went straight for insulin with me because diet changes just weren’t bringing it under control.
I feel you for comfort! Tossed and turned all night haha xx

Aww Well hopefully the insulin brings your sugars under control :) I have my next scan on 4th November when I'll be 38+5 and then induced on the 6th, it seems a bit pointless really :shrug: I slept a little better last night and have got a bit of energy today so giving the house a good clean why I can, will probably crash and burn shortly :dohh: xx

Aww Well hopefully the insulin brings your sugars under control :) I have my next scan on 4th November when I'll be 38+5 and then induced on the 6th, it seems a bit pointless really :shrug: I slept a little better last night and have got a bit of energy today so giving the house a good clean why I can, will probably crash and burn shortly :dohh: xx
Thank you I hope so or they’ll have little madam out before Thursday.
I figure that’s probably to check everything is all ok still? I’m having a chilled day today after a very busy day yesterday, my partner is going to pick up more strips for the blood glucose monitor shortly because they messed up the prescription I picked up yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->