Gestational Diabetes, possible change of induction or C section?

Amymc25

Pregnant for the 1st time
Reaction score
Hi

I,m 35+ weeks and was diagnosed with gestational diabetes week 29 and have been on insulin ever since.

My little man is weighting in at just over 7lb already so my question is, if any other mums have been similar baby weighing a lot more than they should for dates, if you were induced or given the option of C section?

I just want to be prepared for all possibilities before we head to the hospital again.

thanks in advance girls (first time mum with paranoia :()

I'm 34 and 3 and also have GD, diagnosed about 12 weeks ago. My doc's protocol is this: they will check my cervix at 39 weeks. If it's "favorable," they'll induce. If not "we have other decisions to make;" I'm assuming that means planned CS. My lo was only measuring at 39th percentile at 27 wks, though. We have another growth scan at 37 weeks, to see his size.

I am kind of hoping they decide to induce me earlier, maybe 37 or 38 weeks as this little baba is growing off the chart, its all very complicated, i suppose we just have to listen to the professionals an hope they come out nice an healthy.

I've heard many docs do induce around 38 weeks, so you may be in luck. Especially if lo's showing big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->