Gestational Diabetes question

BethMaassen

Mom to 2 Princesses
Reaction score
I had my 1 hour glucose test at 16weeks and failed by a few points. And since, I have been watching my diet, and keeping as active as I can with sciatica and a bad back.
Anyway, I have been quite naughty today, and have been eating some Halloween candy we bought that was leftover after the trick-or-treaters, And the first time I checked my sugars, before dinner, they were ONLY 85.. And I checked again now, after dinner, 4-ish hours ago, and a few mini candy bars ago, and my sugars are only 101... which, considering, should be quite high. And I have had naughty days, and had some pretty major highs.. So I know the GD diagnoses was accurate.
Anyway, is it possible to just go away while still pregnant? I personally, can not see it being possible.

I don't think it can really "go away", but I know my diabetic consultant said the numbers to worry about aren't the after meal numbers. The fasting numbers are the big deal, because high fasting means your insulin isn't working. I had a weird day when I ate Alfredo and cupcakes and still had low numbers. It depends on what you're eating. For me, we discovered that I can't process whole grains properly, so I have to eat the icky white bread and such as my carbs.

My doctor makes a big deal about fasting and 2hours after eating numbers. So I watch both. But being in a diabetic family, and not actually diabetic myself. I am pretty well rehearsed in diabetes related stuff.
I do not think it can just go away either. But considering I spent a good part of yesterday snacking on candy. Which, in hindsight, was very irresponsible on my part. And my sugars before dinner were only 85, And I ate pretty normally as far as meals are concerned, skipped lunch, but that's not unusual for me, I do it frequently.
I just find it so weird. I am just going to count it as a good day, and continue being wary of my glucose levels. Only have 8 weeks to go anyway :D

I ate doughnuts Sunday and not just one either lol and my numbers wasn't too bad tbf lol but I won't do it again I did feel guilty after I ate them but it felt so good at the time lol OH said I was going to regret it after lol, its carbs what send my ski high so i try and avoid them xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->