• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gestational diabetes recipes/lunch ideas

mac1979

Mommy to a Raptor
Reaction score
I have been diagnosed with GD again. Last time with just me and my husband we did a lot of steaks/chicken breasts and baked sweet potatoes. Now we have a toddler to feed too and are on a tighter budget. I need some ideas for dinners that I can use for a family.

I too was informed I failed my GD test again, so I am back at it as well. I came over to this forum to get ideas for meals as well.... I too have a toddler at home and she is such a picky eater and I am at a loss...

- Omelettes or scrambled egg are great. You can make it into a bigger meal by chucking a load of veg and some meat/cheese in there.
- salads with meat or cottage cheese/hummous/falafel

What worked for me was making sure I always had a good protein with my carb as the protein helps your body break down the sugars. So things like nut butters on whole grain toast, Beef mince with pasta, egg or cheese with whole wheat tortillas.

I also used the lists on low GI diet websites to figure out which carbs I should eat. Low GI foods contain sugars that are easier for your body to break down. I was pleasantly surprised that there were some good treats like nutella or croissants on the list.

ETA link - https://www.the-gi-diet.org/lowgifoods/

I need to grab my GI cookbook. I had sooooo many eggs last time, I couldn't eat them for a month after I had my son, I was sick of them. I need to find things my two year old will eat so I'm not stuck making 2 dinners for the next couple months. I will be doing a lot of Zumba/in home workouts to keep my sugar down too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->