Gestational Diabetes

Managed to persuade hosp to give me a GTT rather than just assume I have GD after having it last time. GTT is tomorrow and really not looking forward to it, just hope it's negative. Should know Thursday, but they've said they will test me again in a few weeks if it is.

Managed to persuade hosp to give me a GTT rather than just assume I have GD after having it last time. GTT is tomorrow and really not looking forward to it, just hope it's negative. Should know Thursday, but they've said they will test me again in a few weeks if it is.

I'm glad they aren't just assuming.

i had it with all my pregnancies and was insulin dependant for all of them and with 2 and 3 started on Insulin at 6 weeks in ever increasing doses!! All of mine are fine, 2 were in NICU 3rd didnt need it - it is hard work but so worth missing out on some of those treats to have a happy baby at the end of it all. I delivered all mine early but they were still quite big! XXXXXX

Got test results today, all clear. So glad I stamped my feet and insisted on the GTT. Still need to be tested again in a few weeks but no restricted diet or finger pricks for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->