Gestational Diabetes

mentormel

Reaction score
I had gestational diabetes with my second pregnancy. Does anyone know if they will test for it earlier in this pregnancy?

No. The standard testing is later in pregnancy. You can make the changes to your diet now though

The test is done around 28 weeks of pregnancy. However if u had it last time they mite test you a bit earlier. Maybe around 26 weeks. Hope u dont get it this time[-o<

That tested me at 16 weeks because of previous gd, I have another test at 28 weeks!

That tested me at 16 weeks because of previous gd, I have another test at 28 weeks!
I wonder if they will for me too. I gave my first OB appt. in two weeks at 10.5 weeks along. I plan yo ask then.

I had GD with my first. No changes to testing with second but then didn’t have it because IMHO I had made changes in my diet. If you have a monitor I would get test strips to monitor and make early adjustments if your doctor doesn’t test earlier.

I hadn’t in previous pregnancy and this time I will be tested his week at 8 weeks, if negative will be tested again at 16 weeks and then 26 weeks if need be
Midwife said changes to diet now can help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->