Get my first tattoo today

Make sure what ur getting is a 100% what you want, u cant change it ! Dont be nervous i aint gonna lie it hurts but just stay calm x

Have a full meal before hand :)! Enjoy the pain! I loved the pain! Make sure it's what you want :)
& pUt a pic up when your home :) oh and don't think WTF in a few weeks or so when your craving a new one!
I'm dying for another right now :)

Convince yourself it won't hurt, it'll hurt less than if you go in shitting yourself about the pain :D

I did that and I didn't even move whilst getting my wrist done, and my "macho man" OH who already had other tattoos was in agony :rotf:

Tattoos hurt less if you've had a baby ;) xx

ooooo good luck, and dont take any painkillers behand or drink any alcohol this will thin your blood and make you bleed which will make the tattooing harder.

annnnddd enjoy! cant wait to have my next one! and post pic :D

Make sure 100% you love the design and won't regret it!
They don't hurt that much! The worst thing for me was the waiting and wondering how much it would hurt etc, as soon as they started it was fine and within 10 mins I had gotten used to it! xx

Agreed with making sure you definitely want it, I'm going through lazer removal next year because I regret 2 of mine :( xx

Get some bepanthem(Sp?) as thats what I was reccommended to put on mine and mine never scabbed or anything. Def make sure its what u want & just relax :) Wot u getting done and where abouts?

yep def bepanthen for healing. a SMALL amount twice a day. clean really well after a few hours with warm soapy water and DON'T PICK THE SCAB!!!

Thanks everyone. I'm getting 'Kaiden' written in arabic on my foot. I've wanted a tattoo for ages so am 100% sure what I want & where. I've got a couple of ideas for on my wrist and the back of my neck too if I get the 'bug'! :haha:

I am swinging between being really excited and terrified. :haha: :wacko: My DH is coming with me and I've got a bottle of irn bru & some maltesers to take with me. My appt is at 4PM so not long now. I'll post a pic later.

It's going to sound crazy but don't forget to breathe, when something hurts we have a tendency to hold our breath but this makes the pain worse, so a few deep breaths if it really starts to hurt will work wonders.

If you need a break then don't be afraid to ask for one, a tattooist would rather let you get five minutes of air than have to deal with a sweaty unconscious mess :winkwink:

I'm another one who uses Bepanthen for healing, if you can't get it then preparation H is another good one.

I do this weird thing where I focus on the pain and then force myself to lock it out of my mind, I've been able to sit through 8 hour tattoo's by using this method. (I was also posting pictures on facebook as my last one was getting done but I'm a little odd :haha:)

Other than that? Good luck and don't forget to post pictures once it's done! :D

Dont freak out worrying about the pain, and enjoy it.

Me and my 2 childhood friends all got the same tattoo one after the other, I went first and laughed all through, but my friends had a different reaction, one cried and one nearly broke my hand because she was squeezing so tight, though they both admitted after it didnt really hurt. I love getting tattoos and had my first 2 within 2 weeks of each other, been waiting 3 years now for my next one trying to get designs right etc before I take it in to the shop (i design my own tattoos now as im really picky and want something different from everyone else). Finally finished my one for LO though (it took me a year) which I will get done in the next few weeks, my other design is more elaborate and still not finished lmao xx

I don't have any tats but my brother and SIL have loads and they always put A&D Ointment on it.

How exciting! :happydance: Post a pic after you get it done!

Take sweets and full fat coke so your sugar levels dont drop x

8 hours :shock: I think mine should be done in about 15 mins :haha:

Me and my 2 childhood friends all got the same tattoo one after the other, I went first and laughed all through, but my friends had a different reaction, one cried and one nearly broke my hand because she was squeezing so tight, though they both admitted after it didnt really hurt. I love getting tattoos and had my first 2 within 2 weeks of each other, been waiting 3 years now for my next one trying to get designs right etc before I take it in to the shop (i design my own tattoos now as im really picky and want something different from everyone else). Finally finished my one for LO though (it took me a year) which I will get done in the next few weeks, my other design is more elaborate and still not finished lmao xx

I wanted something a bit different as well and told a 'friend' a few months ago what I was getting done and she went and got it done before me :growlmad: I realise getting LO's name in arabic isn't that unique but still :gun: at least it wasn't 'kaiden' she got written :haha:

Bepanthen is great. I used it with all mine and none scabbed.

I wanted one since I was 14, finally got it done when I was 18. Swore it was the only one I would ever get done and when I was 23 I got my fifth done.

(They all mean something and link together nicely.)

If you tense it'll hurt more, so relax. Make sure you eat before you go, make sure it's spelt right and enjoy it :)

8 hours :shock: I think mine should be done in about 15 mins :haha:

I've got a back piece and a leg piece in progress plus the odd ones here and there.....I actually fell asleep during the 8 hour one....What? I did say I was a bit odd :rofl:
Although my first tattoo was a 15 minute one...You have been warned :haha:

A PP said about taking some sugary snacks and drinks, that's also a really good tip, even if you're only going to be there for 15 minutes, the shock of having the tattoo may make your blood sugar level drop (I don't mean horrible shock, just the shock of something new) so having the snacks to hand will help lots.

I wanted something a bit different as well and told a 'friend' a few months ago what I was getting done and she went and got it done before me :growlmad: I realise getting LO's name in arabic isn't that unique but still :gun: at least it wasn't 'kaiden' she got written :haha:

I know what you mean all my friends have there LOs names in english. Im having my LOs name in greek, with her date of birth and the greek word for love. Even deciding on this took me a year lol. I see so many people with the same tattoos in the same place now, the one I see everywhere is stars behind peoples ears or down there spine. I admit my first two were straight off the shop wall but thats because they are japanese symbols lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->