Get sponge out of dino shaped moulds?

Darlingbump2

Reaction score
I bought a silicon mould with 6 dinosaur shapes. I used it twice now, but, the sponge just breaks apart as I try to get it out. So, I just end up with cake mess. Little one doesn't mind though:)

Any tips on how I can stop this from happening.

Great, thanks!

hi, ive always struggled with silicone moulds, but you could try freezing the cakes once they are baked so they are not fragile then allow to defrost fill and decorate an serve. Just make sure you cover cakes before freezing though.

The other way is to do make a release agent which consists of buttering the mould then dust it with flour so when baked it comes out. Its trisl and error sometimes with these things but i hope it helps.

Good luck.

I made a train shaped cake last year for Lucas' birthday, it was 3D so fiddly as hell! I bought a bottle of cake release to line the mould (you can get it in Lakeland). I also went for a sturdy sponge recipe to give the cake a bit of a chance. I used this one: https://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/8531/foolproof-sponge-cake.aspx - it was perfect and tasted amazing. The cake turned out perfect and not a bit crumbled off :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->