Gettin that tum back into shape!

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Hello girlies. Just wondered if anyone knew when its considered safe to start toning up them tummy muscles again as in doing some crunches or something? Best to wait til after the 6 weeks check u reckon? cant get over how flat my tums gone already..but its all jelly like lol x

Hmmm What about a tummy support belt, think they often call them "splints"...they help get your rummy back in shape from what I hear. Women wear them during 3rd tri as well as post delivery.

Did you not get some notes when you discharged from hospital about some excercise?

I feel really slim :rofl: but the jelly belly makes me squeem lol OH loves it *silly man* haha

Yeah Sammi, wait til after your 6 weeks check and discuss it with your GP! x

I still aint done any....:blush:

Was going to start a few weeks ago and thought 'stuff it, its xmas soon!'

xx

Be careful about starting conventional (sit ups, crunches etc.) stomach toning when you have abdominal diastasis you may make your tummy worse.

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56021

you can do the pulling belly button inside and pull your pelvis back inside the seat excercises straight after birth.

(I always do this along with pelvis floor excercising whilst feeding :baby:)

sit ups etc you should wait as others said already.

:hi:

If you had a normal birth (vaginal) you can start a few days after, providing you feel well enough. If it hurts, you should stop though! If you had a c-section, don't do any exercise until a few weeks has passed - this is what it says in my discharge leaflet that I got from my hospital.

The best one i've always used (when I used to have a flat tummy) was to stand up and breath in pulling your stomach in and up. You can do it lying down, standing, walking.. whatever. It says on my leaflet to do it with bent knees. It's the same as doing sit ups.

Hope that helps

i have got back in to my pre pregnancy jeans :happydance::happydance:

still got alot of weight to shift tho from before i was pregnant, i will be eating sensibley as from the 2nd of Jan and then starting to excersie from the 1st of feb.

Having alot of problems with my back at the mo so i dont want to make it worse by doing anything

x

I have been left with an envolope from my C-Section. It kinda hangs down so I cant get in to any of my pre-pregnancy clothes really. I feel like a flump... I know alot of it is still swollen but it really dosent look very pretty and i don't feel to clever about it.

I have a leaflet of exocises to do to help after a C-Section but im unable to do them for weeks & weeks yet. Im going to miss out on all the sales. :(

i have that too babybean and i cant fit into nothing yet still wearing my maternity jeans :-( lucky u layla congrats on getting bk in ur jeans

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->