Getting a house while pregnant

luckyme225

Reaction score
Well we initially where going to be getting a townhome pretty soon but now that theres a baby on the way I'm not sure if it's better to wait. It seems like a lot to keep a new big house and take care of a newborn (especially when you don't know 100% what your in for). Also I live in Washington where homes in the city are very spendy so I know we would have to move back to the suburbs which would be much further from my work. Any thoughts on whether it would be best to move now or hold off until the baby was about a year or so? Thank you ladies :)

Hi Luckyme, my OH and I just bought a home this month, the legalities of it are still being processed. We have tenants renting it at the moment which will help cover the mortgage plus extra expenses. We decided to do this for a year before moving in until we get ourselves use to having the lil one and make sure our expenses are under control.

Not sure if this type of setup would work for you as I live in a different country. However, when considering whether to buy now or later, have a look at what the market is doing to see if it's cheaper for you to buy now or later. Maybe you guys could sit down and come up with an example budget for each example (buying now or later) and see which budget seems feasible/doable. Just an idea!

i agree with mango--- plus it would be income potential to help u get started or it would at least pay for the mortgage in the begining ---and i'm not too sure about the market ---but supposedly people arent really buying at the moment---so it might be cheaper to buy now than later when there's a high demand for it===

I have had two babies & I would NOT want to move after having a baby (within 4-6 months) or in the 3rd trimester for that matter. But that's because it takes me a loooooong time to settle in. So you have to evaluate yourself. When you move, are you one of those people that move in & are unpacked like they've lived there a year in like 3 days? Or does it take you a couple of months (like me)?

Again, you must evaluate yourself, but I don't think, even if you're expanding up another 1,000 sq ft, that house-keeping with a baby will be an issue with extra space than you have now. If this is your first child, you'll be so surprised at how much your priorities change when you have a kid & how you just "get things done" when you need to. With my DH & I, we used to just go by the seat of our pants on what we'd have for dinner that night, etc. Now, we plan meals a week in advance!! I'd NEVER have thought I'd be that person, you know? Well, just like that with house-keeping, you plan ahead, it's the only way to get by. :wink:

I helped my sister move when she was preggo years ago. She said that she would rather have moved then then after the baby was born. Besides, her belly was an excuse to make me and her DH do all the work! She got to sit under the shade and direct!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->