Getting a new buggy

Kina

Reaction score
Decided to buy a new double as I hate my powertwin, it sucks. Soooo going for a Maclaren XT Techo I think....I love my Mc ryder and tried out the Maclaren today with Alex in it and it seemed so much more comfier. https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...f=sr_1_2/203-9562252-0544762?ie=UTF8&mcb=core

Anyone got any pros/cons etc if they have one?

What doubles have you all got?

No ideas lol, But it looks nice!!

Hi Kina

My friend has Maclaren Twin Techno for her 19month old daughter and 14 month nephew (she minds him twice a week). She loves it and from seeing it in motion my pros are:
1) It folds up really small and is so lightweight
2) Really easy to manoevre and you can get through doorways no probs
3) Both sides can fully recline or sit up independently

The downsides for me are:
1) The actual seat space is quite narrow, not sure what age it will realistically fit them for
2) For me I wanted a buggy with a bit more suspension, it's not bad but nothing like the ones with pump tyres

That's a great price as well

I am probably going with this one too, I've been looking at other similar styles from different manufacturers but they don't match up quality wise IMO.

Lucy you're right about the seat space, they are narrow. I'm thinking that in a few months Ella will be walking a lot more and I can get a buggy board to go on the back of my single Maclaren.
I'll probably keep the powertwin as I'm not sure how much I'll get for it 2nd hand and the air tyres do make it quite a light push (except uphill!), I think though that it's the tyres and the suspension that are making it tip to the side really easily. My sister was pushing it the other day, went up a kerb wrong and almost lost the whole buggy.

I like the twin techno because of the basket space, the fact the seats recline fully is a bonus and the straps look a lot better (mine are all twisted). It's lighter and the brakes are easier to apply. We have a lot of thin kerbs round here though and I'm worried that it wont fit on them, however the powertwin has wide back wheels so I don't think the techo will be that much wider iykwim.

the main thing i would recomend with a side by side it big air wheels they bounce over kurbs fine, i hated my last buggy that had small wheels its so hard to turn round corners and you have to put loads of force on it.

i would not get a double buggy bigger then 75cm either not sure how wide the one your looking at is?? but mine is 75 and JUST gets through the doors in shops, doors nower days have to be built to fit wheel chairs through so 75 is perfect anything bigger would be a squeeze

i love the out and about twin nipper, its lovely to push, but i still prefer mine over it but mine is expensive

Ive got Dionne's one too-xts twin twister, not tested yet, only with Rebecca in it, lovely to push.

I do like that Maclaren one tho x

K, do you have a link to your buggy? Would love to have a nosy as I haven't bought our double buggy yet.

Dionne, not sure on the measurements of the Maclaren but it fits through the shop doorways in our town and they are TINY! It's a 13th century Town and the pavements are so narrow and shops small so think it must be around 75cm.

I was in Glasgow today and a bloke tried to get his side by side in the lift with us, I tried to help but it wouldn't fit through the doors :shock: not sure who made it.

The Maclaren is 76cm wide, so not much wider than what you've recommended Dionne. I do like the one that you and KX have got but I can't afford it :(

I think Helens was that one! Looked nice & cosy

:D

Yeah Dionne can we have a look at the link? im getting another buggy :)

Was wonderin if to go with the maclaren or something else i need it to go on holiday with next month ...

xxx

I think Helens was that one! Looked nice & cosy

:D
Yup we have the twin techno. Pretty happy with it tho it is a tight fit in DH's car boot (c class merc) and doesn't fit my car boot (fiesta). Does fit my mum's 206 boot though. I'd check first.

It was seriously stiff to begin with but it's loosened up nicely now and we're happy with it. Certainly won't be getting another buggy.

hows your buggy imi you happy with it?

i have this but in black
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XTS-Twin-Twi...ryZ66700QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i love using it as the kids behave so much in it because they share toys and chat to each other, if me and OH use 2 single buggies they just play up and moan

Yeah i love it i just want a smaller one for the girls to take on holiday!

that looks wicked hun!

xxx

Thanks for the link Dionne, the buggy looks great.

I'd like to see it in the flesh and compare to the Maclaren before making my mind up - definite pro for me is the rear pump up tyres which would be a godsend in my area but have a feeling it's going to be too big for DH's car (RX8 )

Lucy im not sure what a rx8 is OH aint here to ask him lol

but its very big when folded, just gets into my vw passat

For someone who wants a basic, fairly cheap push bug what would people suggest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->