Getting concerned

A

AppleBlossom

Grace is 7 months and she still can't sit up. I know babies do things at different times but surely she should be sitting up, or even attempting to by now?

Also as she has been on food for 3 months now and last month my HV told me to start her on lumpier more textured food. But when I give her anything that has texture or lumps so chokes and goes all red in the face so I have no choice but to stop her.

i dont know about the food but the sitting up culd justbe laziness....do you have a bumbo? or prop her up constantly until she has no choice but to get used to sitting.....

Noah was 9 months before he could sit, so long as your encouraging her etc I wouldn't worry just yet.

I was always worried about the food too, Its like a funny inbetween stage not quite ready for big lumps and too old for puree! All I done was fork mashed say a bit of tender chick & veg etc, it wasn't too lumpy but it wasn't too soft.

Have you tried cooking some carrott batons as a little finger food?

xx

Max is almost 9 months and is now starting to sit up on his own but will flop over after 5 min or so ..I wouldnt worry to much hun

as for the food max hates lumps so i have to mush them just a lil bit

the only way i couldd get riley to take lumpy food is to mush it down slightly then as he got used to it not to mush it as much do u give her finger food that helped riley to as for the sitting up im not to sure we had a cosey sit me up thing from the early learning centre that seemed to help

what i did with ali to encourage him to sit up was spread his legs slightly and place toys in front of him, but a little far to encourage him to reach. i also place cushions around him, but not supporting him. try not to worry over it though as babies do things at different stages.

maddi and grace are practically the same age and maddi still has trouble sitting! she actually pulled herself up for the first time today, but other than that she is very unsteady. i wouldn't worry to much honey, they do things when they're ready.

as for lumps, i agree with fork mashing, see how she goes, but i'm sure she'll do it eventually x

Brayden has been sitting since 3.5 months - but only if someone puts him in a sitting position. He cant get to sitting by himself yet. This is totally normal - most kids dont learn to get to a sitting position until around the time they learn to crawl (8-9 months) Can she sit if someone puts her down in a sitting position?

I was going to say the same as Starflyr. Colton only recently is able to get himself into a sitting position since he learned to crawl really good. Before he could sit up but someone had to sit him in that position, and if he fell over I would have to sit him back up.

As for lumps, I had Colton on stage 2 purees (ours have no lumps) until about 10mo. :dohh: He just wasn't and still isn't very good with lumps. But he's getting to the point where I'm just like chew chew chew CHEW! LOL. I decided just to not buy any more purees since he was 10mo and just keep offering our food all chopped and cut up. He is getting alot better but still chokes quite often, sometimes even puking. Sometimes he will gag and wont even have anything in the back of his throat. Like, I'll put something right at his lips and he will gag. I think he just has really really bad gag reflexes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->